Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Brand new Glock 19 range report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Brand new Glock 19 range report

RANGE REPORT Aug 22, 2010

150 rounds through brand new Glock 19 right out of the box. NO jams, NO ftf, NO stovepipes, nada, nothing, fired flawlessy by me, both my friends, and my younger brother (who is an inexperienced shooter). We fired both Federal 9mm ammo (10.00 box at Wal-Mart) and this cheap russian steel ammo I bought from Big 5 for 12.00 a box.

I'd say it did a remarkable job. Glock is proving itself to me, I'm happy with it.

I'd put up target pics, but we were just shooting plastic bottles and some ping pong balls.

One issue I had was the trigger safety. Whenever I try to fire rapidly, my finger pushes the safety on the trigger wrong and it doesn't fire. It'll fire 3 rounds rapidly and then the safety with catch and it doesn't fire.

It's not the gun, it's not malfunctioning or broken, my finger just does not blend well with the safety when I try to fire rapidly. Needless to say, I can't empty a mag super fast.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm probably just going to replace the trigger, any suggestions for triggers? I've never purchased an after market trigger for a gun before.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
One issue I had was the trigger safety. Whenever I try to fire rapidly, my finger pushes the safety on the trigger wrong and it doesn't fire. It'll fire 3 rounds rapidly and then the safety with catch and it doesn't fire.
This is an issue that training will resolve.
Congrats, on your new shooter.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Last edited by mesinge2; 08-23-2010 at 07:48 PM.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations. The Glock 19 was the only Glock I ever owned and I liked it pretty well. I still think it's the best Glock ever made.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
It sounds as if the trigger problem only happens to you, right? Anyway you are doing one of two things wrong. You are either gorilla gripping or not putting your finger all the way on the trigger. It sounds like little thingy on the trigger is inbetween the two first pads of your trigger finger to me and in the crease, causeing it to not be depressed. Move the gun so the bore line is inline with the forearm bone and use the center of the first pad of your finger. Or you are not putting enough of your finger on the trigger.......
thanks for the advice G37, I'll try that next weekend when I go shoot again

Old 08-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Indy,

Where do you go shooting?

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 08-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Butterfield Range, outside Las Cruces, NM

Old 08-25-2010, 03:17 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

OK, out by the fairgrounds. Keep an eye out for the antelope.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....