Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Brand new Glock 19 range report (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/brand-new-glock-19-range-report-30762/)

indyfan 08-23-2010 01:04 AM

Brand new Glock 19 range report

RANGE REPORT Aug 22, 2010

150 rounds through brand new Glock 19 right out of the box. NO jams, NO ftf, NO stovepipes, nada, nothing, fired flawlessy by me, both my friends, and my younger brother (who is an inexperienced shooter). We fired both Federal 9mm ammo (10.00 box at Wal-Mart) and this cheap russian steel ammo I bought from Big 5 for 12.00 a box.

I'd say it did a remarkable job. Glock is proving itself to me, I'm happy with it.

I'd put up target pics, but we were just shooting plastic bottles and some ping pong balls.

One issue I had was the trigger safety. Whenever I try to fire rapidly, my finger pushes the safety on the trigger wrong and it doesn't fire. It'll fire 3 rounds rapidly and then the safety with catch and it doesn't fire.

It's not the gun, it's not malfunctioning or broken, my finger just does not blend well with the safety when I try to fire rapidly. Needless to say, I can't empty a mag super fast.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm probably just going to replace the trigger, any suggestions for triggers? I've never purchased an after market trigger for a gun before. :confused:

mesinge2 08-23-2010 01:53 AM

Quote:

One issue I had was the trigger safety. Whenever I try to fire rapidly, my finger pushes the safety on the trigger wrong and it doesn't fire. It'll fire 3 rounds rapidly and then the safety with catch and it doesn't fire.
This is an issue that training will resolve.
Congrats, on your new shooter.

CA357 08-23-2010 03:11 AM

Congratulations. The Glock 19 was the only Glock I ever owned and I liked it pretty well. I still think it's the best Glock ever made.

indyfan 08-23-2010 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G37 (Post 336739)
It sounds as if the trigger problem only happens to you, right? Anyway you are doing one of two things wrong. You are either gorilla gripping or not putting your finger all the way on the trigger. It sounds like little thingy on the trigger is inbetween the two first pads of your trigger finger to me and in the crease, causeing it to not be depressed. Move the gun so the bore line is inline with the forearm bone and use the center of the first pad of your finger. Or you are not putting enough of your finger on the trigger.......

thanks for the advice G37, I'll try that next weekend when I go shoot again

Glasshartt 08-24-2010 09:24 PM

Indy,

Where do you go shooting?

indyfan 08-24-2010 10:25 PM

Butterfield Range, outside Las Cruces, NM

Glasshartt 08-25-2010 03:17 AM

OK, out by the fairgrounds. Keep an eye out for the antelope.