Bought a used G36 and found this... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Bought a used G36 and found this...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1035 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I think that all of the handguns ive bought came with the 2 spent casings.. The high standard 1911 that i bought a few months ago came with them

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I can understand the relevance with a revolver, but with a semi auto like the Glock, any crook can swap bbl, extractor, firing pin and ejector and the cartridges will not match the gun, it's the same with many other firearms.

probably the idea of one of those gun experts at office that say that a semi auto AR is an assault weapon, give me a break!!!!

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6334 Times on 3355 Posts
Likes Given: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I jade always wondered if there was some type of system like that. Its a great idea, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I can understand the relevance with a revolver, but with a semi auto like the Glock, any crook can swap bbl, extractor, firing pin and ejector and the cartridges will not match the gun, it's the same with many other firearms.

probably the idea of one of those gun experts at office that say that a semi auto AR is an assault weapon, give me a break!!!!
its a pretty dumb idea. you cant match a case to a gun after months of use much less years. as the gun functions it will develop flaws in the bolt face extracter ejector and chamber changing it drasticaly from when it was first created.

the only way forensic ballistics to work is to recover the gun very quickly after a crime before further use alters or adds more flaws to the critical work areas.

trying to match a gun to a old bullet or case only works in detective fiction and csi miami. its a huge waste of taxpayer money. the only thing itdoes is make hoplophobes feel good.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 AM   #14

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I can't even imagine a brand new pistol having marks that would distinguish it from others. Maybe certain batches or lots would have distinguishable marks, but gun to gun on a newly manufactured firearm seems really far-fetched.

I agree with JonM (nothing new here) that it is just a huge waste of money...however it is NOT government money being wasted. It is another of those cases of onerous regulation that we hear about that costs consumers more and more money they shouldn't have to spend.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face