bought a glock 19 today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > bought a glock 19 today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default bought a glock 19 today

I have to wait 48hours to bring it home. - Dam waiting periods! I looked in back of the recipt and it says after the 48 they do another one for 72 why? afarid they miss something on the first 48?.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1215 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I have to wait 48hours to bring it home. - Dam waiting periods! I looked in back of the recipt and it says after the 48 they do another one for 72 why? afarid they miss something on the first 48?.
I am envious. I have no idea what the 72 hours refer to on your receipt. I have never seen anything like that on my receipts on purchases I have made in WI.

Enjoy your G19.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #3

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ive never understood the waiting period, i have a long history as a LEO and even before tht i never had to wait when buying a firearm. My background check is called in and im out the door with my gun.. I have friends tht have been in the military or are still serving go in and buy a gun and get flagged for a waiting period...???? I dont know

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-07-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Ive never understood the waiting period, i have a long history as a LEO and even before tht i never had to wait when buying a firearm. My background check is called in and im out the door with my gun.. I have friends tht have been in the military or are still serving go in and buy a gun and get flagged for a waiting period...???? I dont know
Most southern states allow you to take your firearm purchase upon immediately upon passing the background check. Many states in other locations require a waiting period on handguns (WI is one). And some states have waiting periods on all guns.

What gripes me is WI's $35 fee for the state background check on top of the Federal Gov's.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #5

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Dam, here in AZ once you get your CCW, they don't even call it in. 5 minutes max to fill out paperwork and check out with gun in hand.

No CCW then they call it in. It's either good or hold. But either way no wait period. Kinda scary. No wonder everyone is getting shot up. To easy to get a gun.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 AM   #6

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

Most southern states allow you to take your firearm purchase upon immediately upon passing the background check. Many states in other locations require a waiting period on handguns (WI is one). And some states have waiting periods on all guns.

What gripes me is WI's $35 fee for the state background check on top of the Federal Gov's.
WTH... No fee here

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 88 Times on 58 Posts

Here in Tennessee, it's a $10 fee for the background and once you pass it's out the door with your new gun. This goes for pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
WTH... No fee here
No fees or waiting when I lived in LA either. MY LGS tells me the former governor of WI wanted a $100 fee on state handgun checks, but $35 is all he could get through the legislature.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 AM   #9

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
Dam, here in AZ once you get your CCW, they don't even call it in. 5 minutes max to fill out paperwork and check out with gun in hand.

No CCW then they call it in. It's either good or hold. But either way no wait period. Kinda scary. No wonder everyone is getting shot up. To easy to get a gun.
Same here in Idaho. Every gun I've bought face to face has been in AZ or Idaho so I've never had a waiting period. But I don't agree that it's scary or too easy, it's the way it should be for an honest citizen.

Now a few online purchases have been sloooowww!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A $35 fee . I believe the fee here is only $5.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp