Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   bought a glock 19 today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/bought-glock-19-today-47894/)

lonewolf101 09-07-2011 01:33 AM

bought a glock 19 today

I have to wait 48hours to bring it home. - Dam waiting periods! I looked in back of the recipt and it says after the 48 they do another one for 72 why? afarid they miss something on the first 48?.

Gatoragn 09-07-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf101 (Post 576035)
I have to wait 48hours to bring it home. - Dam waiting periods! I looked in back of the recipt and it says after the 48 they do another one for 72 why? afarid they miss something on the first 48?.

I am envious. I have no idea what the 72 hours refer to on your receipt. I have never seen anything like that on my receipts on purchases I have made in WI.

Enjoy your G19.

MrWray 09-07-2011 01:45 AM

Ive never understood the waiting period, i have a long history as a LEO and even before tht i never had to wait when buying a firearm. My background check is called in and im out the door with my gun.. I have friends tht have been in the military or are still serving go in and buy a gun and get flagged for a waiting period...???? I dont know

Gatoragn 09-07-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 576043)
Ive never understood the waiting period, i have a long history as a LEO and even before tht i never had to wait when buying a firearm. My background check is called in and im out the door with my gun.. I have friends tht have been in the military or are still serving go in and buy a gun and get flagged for a waiting period...???? I dont know

Most southern states allow you to take your firearm purchase upon immediately upon passing the background check. Many states in other locations require a waiting period on handguns (WI is one). And some states have waiting periods on all guns.

What gripes me is WI's $35 fee for the state background check on top of the Federal Gov's.

DodgerBlue 09-07-2011 02:04 AM

Dam, here in AZ once you get your CCW, they don't even call it in. 5 minutes max to fill out paperwork and check out with gun in hand.

No CCW then they call it in. It's either good or hold. But either way no wait period. Kinda scary. No wonder everyone is getting shot up. To easy to get a gun.

MrWray 09-07-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn

Most southern states allow you to take your firearm purchase upon immediately upon passing the background check. Many states in other locations require a waiting period on handguns (WI is one). And some states have waiting periods on all guns.

What gripes me is WI's $35 fee for the state background check on top of the Federal Gov's.

WTH... No fee here

lastrebel70 09-07-2011 02:13 AM

Here in Tennessee, it's a $10 fee for the background and once you pass it's out the door with your new gun. This goes for pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

Gatoragn 09-07-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 576063)
WTH... No fee here

No fees or waiting when I lived in LA either. MY LGS tells me the former governor of WI wanted a $100 fee on state handgun checks, but $35 is all he could get through the legislature.

Quentin 09-07-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DodgerBlue (Post 576061)
Dam, here in AZ once you get your CCW, they don't even call it in. 5 minutes max to fill out paperwork and check out with gun in hand.

No CCW then they call it in. It's either good or hold. But either way no wait period. Kinda scary. No wonder everyone is getting shot up. To easy to get a gun.

Same here in Idaho. Every gun I've bought face to face has been in AZ or Idaho so I've never had a waiting period. But I don't agree that it's scary or too easy, it's the way it should be for an honest citizen.

Now a few online purchases have been sloooowww! :p

Firearms4ever 09-07-2011 10:08 AM

A $35 fee :eek:. I believe the fee here is only $5.