Big stick magazines - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Big stick magazines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Quote:
Lookin to buy an extendo at the gun show this weekend,
LOL, the only reason I know what an extendo is is because of one of Eric & Barry's early Gun Gripes.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #22

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Like anything else made by Glock, I've learned to trust it, because of my experience with Glock products/guns! The extended mags made by Glock is no different. Grabagun has the Glock 33 round magazines for 34.99. Probably as cheap as you will find new!!

http://grabagun.com/magazines/handgun-magazines.html?manufacturer=2417

Like guns, love people!!

Old 03-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1466 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Like anything else made by Glock, I've learned to trust it, because of my experience with Glock products/guns! The extended mags made by Glock is no different. Grabagun has the Glock 33 round magazines for 34.99. Probably as cheap as you will find new!!

http://grabagun.com/magazines/handgun-magazines.html?manufacturer=2417

Like guns, love people!!
Midway had 33 round magazines at about the same price.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 03-07-2014, 05:14 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Extended Glock Mags

I like the extended Glock mags and have a couple of them, but I use the +5 extensions on regular 17 round magazines in my G17's and G34's all the time and they work like a charm. I don't push them to the 22 round limit and routinely load them to 20 rounds for reloading and 21 rounds for my initial mag. The extensions are a bit expensive but I feel that they are worth it. They only stick out about and inch and a half and are the same size as the grip. They don't add a lot of weight so as to disrupt the balance of the gun. They are made of Delrin and are virtually indestructible.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #25

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
I like the extended Glock mags and have a couple of them, but I use the +5 extensions on regular 17 round magazines in my G17's and G34's all the time and they work like a charm. I don't push them to the 22 round limit and routinely load them to 20 rounds for reloading and 21 rounds for my initial mag. The extensions are a bit expensive but I feel that they are worth it. They only stick out about and inch and a half and are the same size as the grip. They don't add a lot of weight so as to disrupt the balance of the gun. They are made of Delrin and are virtually indestructible.

I bought mine strictly for the nightstand and range! 15 times 2 +1 is plenty to travel with!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Mtbf

Quote:
I bought mine strictly for the nightstand and range! 15 times 2 +1 is plenty to travel with!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I agree completely! Most of my carry guns have six round magazines and one has seven, so I carry the gun with the six rounder for ease of carry and the seven rounder as my spare. That reminds me of a question one of my students once asked me about how many rounds my carry gun could go before failure, a Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF), so to speak. He said that his carry gun could go several hundred before it would malfunction from fouling. I surprised him by saying 13. He looked at me with surprise and before he could ask more I told him that I only carried 13 rounds, one in the chamber & two 6-round magazines; one in the gun and one spare. After 13 rounds the gun becomes a club, and a poor one at that. I'm sure it could go many, many more but I only cared about the first 13...everytime.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 03-08-2014, 02:34 AM   #27

Liked 52 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Glock makes a 33 round capacity mag for there 9mm and a 27 round mag for the 40 calibers. I see no high capacity mags made by Glock for the 45s! I do see several after market brands for 45! Two questions! Is the Glock made mags reliable and flawless, just like the standard mags? And does any of the aftermarket stuff for 45 been proven to be reliable??

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
Got my 31 rd clip in 40 cal. from CDNN Sports for $20, and do carry a 45 one too.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Firearms Talk mobile app
1394245892093.jpg  

-Roger

Old 03-09-2014, 01:08 AM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennTrucker View Post
Got my 31 rd clip in 40 cal. from CDNN Sports for $20, and do carry a 45 one too.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Firearms Talk mobile app
I've gotten some of those to in forty and forty five,just waiting for a ten millimeter. One's to pop up