Big stick magazines - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Big stick magazines

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
clr8ter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 3,547
Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Default

Quote:
Lookin to buy an extendo at the gun show this weekend,
LOL, the only reason I know what an extendo is is because of one of Eric & Barry's early Gun Gripes.
__________________

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.
_________________
Is there an age limit for a thread, after which we kill it?

clr8ter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 892
Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Like anything else made by Glock, I've learned to trust it, because of my experience with Glock products/guns! The extended mags made by Glock is no different. Grabagun has the Glock 33 round magazines for 34.99. Probably as cheap as you will find new!!

http://grabagun.com/magazines/handgun-magazines.html?manufacturer=2417


Like guns, love people!!

__________________
mahall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,404
Liked 2131 Times on 1466 Posts
Likes Given: 793

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Like anything else made by Glock, I've learned to trust it, because of my experience with Glock products/guns! The extended mags made by Glock is no different. Grabagun has the Glock 33 round magazines for 34.99. Probably as cheap as you will find new!!

http://grabagun.com/magazines/handgun-magazines.html?manufacturer=2417


Like guns, love people!!
Midway had 33 round magazines at about the same price.
__________________

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:14 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
therukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 358
Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Extended Glock Mags

I like the extended Glock mags and have a couple of them, but I use the +5 extensions on regular 17 round magazines in my G17's and G34's all the time and they work like a charm. I don't push them to the 22 round limit and routinely load them to 20 rounds for reloading and 21 rounds for my initial mag. The extensions are a bit expensive but I feel that they are worth it. They only stick out about and inch and a half and are the same size as the grip. They don't add a lot of weight so as to disrupt the balance of the gun. They are made of Delrin and are virtually indestructible.

__________________

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

therukh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mahall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 892
Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
I like the extended Glock mags and have a couple of them, but I use the +5 extensions on regular 17 round magazines in my G17's and G34's all the time and they work like a charm. I don't push them to the 22 round limit and routinely load them to 20 rounds for reloading and 21 rounds for my initial mag. The extensions are a bit expensive but I feel that they are worth it. They only stick out about and inch and a half and are the same size as the grip. They don't add a lot of weight so as to disrupt the balance of the gun. They are made of Delrin and are virtually indestructible.

I bought mine strictly for the nightstand and range! 15 times 2 +1 is plenty to travel with!


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
__________________
mahall is offline  
therukh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
therukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 358
Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Mtbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
I bought mine strictly for the nightstand and range! 15 times 2 +1 is plenty to travel with!


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I agree completely! Most of my carry guns have six round magazines and one has seven, so I carry the gun with the six rounder for ease of carry and the seven rounder as my spare. That reminds me of a question one of my students once asked me about how many rounds my carry gun could go before failure, a Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF), so to speak. He said that his carry gun could go several hundred before it would malfunction from fouling. I surprised him by saying 13. He looked at me with surprise and before he could ask more I told him that I only carried 13 rounds, one in the chamber & two 6-round magazines; one in the gun and one spare. After 13 rounds the gun becomes a club, and a poor one at that. I'm sure it could go many, many more but I only cared about the first 13...everytime.
__________________

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

therukh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:34 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TennTrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West Tennessee
Posts: 82
Liked 52 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Glock makes a 33 round capacity mag for there 9mm and a 27 round mag for the 40 calibers. I see no high capacity mags made by Glock for the 45s! I do see several after market brands for 45! Two questions! Is the Glock made mags reliable and flawless, just like the standard mags? And does any of the aftermarket stuff for 45 been proven to be reliable??


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
Got my 31 rd clip in 40 cal. from CDNN Sports for $20, and do carry a 45 one too.



Sent from my GT-P3113 using Firearms Talk mobile app
1394245892093.jpg  
__________________

-Roger

TennTrucker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:08 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 52
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennTrucker View Post
Got my 31 rd clip in 40 cal. from CDNN Sports for $20, and do carry a 45 one too.



Sent from my GT-P3113 using Firearms Talk mobile app
I've gotten some of those to in forty and forty five,just waiting for a ten millimeter. One's to pop up
__________________
derpie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
New bang stick CourtJester General Rifle Discussion 15 10-04-2012 07:36 AM
New Bang Stick CourtJester General Rifle Discussion 12 07-16-2012 04:47 AM
new boom stick! unclebear General Shotgun Discussion 20 02-02-2012 01:02 PM
.242 O&W Tactical Stick Clayborn General Rifle Discussion 2 08-31-2011 04:31 AM
The New Stick 7point62 General Rifle Discussion 3 03-22-2011 01:18 PM