Better stopping power 40 cal or 357? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Better stopping power 40 cal or 357?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-03 View Post
Multiple shots and shot placement with good quality ammo. Arguing calibers is pointless...just make good hits.
What he said! 9MM is considered to be the smallest caliber for self defense. If you know you are going to a gun fight, bring a shotgun or a rifle! A hand gun in ANY caliber is a proven poor man stopper!

Coming from a 28 year career in L/E, I can tell you the worst thing that ever happened to the viewing public was television! Hollywood has indoctrinated the public with the conception that a human target will fall over and die after being hit with one handgun round.

Hollywood has also perpetrated the myth that a shotgun will knock a human being off their feet and push them rearward. Not fact guys. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but a lot of "Non firearm" enthusiasts believe what they see on T/V. That's why they all scream when they see the news report where the police have to shoot a suspect multiple times!

A human on drugs or alcohol, with a lot of Adrenalin flowing does not always feel pain or react to being shot! Ya have to hit a human in the brain or the central nervous system to take them down. The belief in the "One shot stop" bullet or caliber is garbage!

Try this scenario. Run 50 yards to get your heart rate up before you shoot at a human size paper target that is bobbing and weaving. Then imagine the target is shooting back at YOU! That's what you will encounter in a gun fight with a human! Big difference than standing at a stationary paper target that does not shoot back!

Last edited by MULESKINNER; 08-25-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Man anything can kill us. Doesnt matter how fast or slow or big. Our body wasnt design for metal to rip thru it at all.

All caliber are dangerous to our body and when lead get into your blood stream you have to take blood thinner.

I don't wanna be shot with anything period...

Old 08-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think what the OP was asking is what caliber will stop an attacker better. None of us wants to be shot. Even a BB gun hurts and can put out an eye!

I just don't want folks thinking any hand gun round is magic and will guarantee a one shot stop on a human. Clear as mud?

Last edited by MULESKINNER; 08-25-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-LEO

Hmmm... I know that other Glock .40 pistols could be converted but I wasn't aware you could convert a G27 to .357 SIG......

Either way, they are both lethal rounds that shoot fast and hit hard.
The G27 in fact can be converted to both 9mm and 357. Each additional barrel is around $100. - 3 calibers in one pistola. Just another reason why I Love my baby Glock G27!!! Ultimate CCW!!!

Old 08-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmonte67

The G27 in fact can be converted to both 9mm and 357. Each additional barrel is around $100. - 3 calibers in one pistola. Just another reason why I Love my baby Glock G27!!! Ultimate CCW!!!
**** I really had no idea!

I've got a Lonewolf conversion barrel for my G22 and G23 but I never seen much point in modding my 27, hence the reason I was ignorant to it. Haha