better glock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > better glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default better glock

My dad loves my his new glock. he has asked me to talk to people and ask about upgrades. he can never leave something alone. he always has to be improving his toys. so what are some main things he should look into to make his Glock 21 45acp shoot better. He has already found all kinds of visual upgrades. But now he is looking into performance upgrades. But before he really does anything, he wants other peoples opinions.

"Time's are rough and time's are strange but times one thing that you cant change." - Rodney Adkins

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

My g30 internally: I have a ultimate trigger stop and a ghost 3.5 connector.( just installed today shot it and loved it) lone wolf Threaded barrel. Compensator attachment will be here next month. You can upgrade everything from the recoil spring trigger, firing pin etc depends how much money u wanna dump in it. . But iglock does a good job so i kept the firing pin and firing pin saftey stock. Externally: extended slide stop extended slide release ( came with the laser max laser) trucker mud flap girl on the rear plate. And steel sights with a trijicon front sight. there's more I just can't remember. Glock pistols are great right out of the box. But tell him to modify it for him to his needs. One guy may like one thing and another guy could tell u a complete different story. So start off small test stuff out and tell him to find out what he likes. My dad has a g 21 as well bone stock and he loves it. Tell ur dad congrats on the new buy! Hope that helped a lil

Old 05-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine5truck View Post
My g30 internally: I have a ultimate trigger stop and a ghost 3.5 connector.( just installed today shot it and loved it) lone wolf Threaded barrel. Compensator attachment will be here next month. You can upgrade everything from the recoil spring trigger, firing pin etc depends how much money u wanna dump in it. . But iglock does a good job so i kept the firing pin and firing pin saftey stock. Externally: extended slide stop extended slide release ( came with the laser max laser) trucker mud flap girl on the rear plate. And steel sights with a trijicon front sight. there's more I just can't remember. Glock pistols are great right out of the box. But tell him to modify it for him to his needs. One guy may like one thing and another guy could tell u a complete different story. So start off small test stuff out and tell him to find out what he likes. My dad has a g 21 as well bone stock and he loves it. Tell ur dad congrats on the new buy! Hope that helped a lil
ok he wants to know which is better ss or tungsten for recoil spring.

"Time's are rough and time's are strange but times one thing that you cant change." - Rodney Adkins

Old 05-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #4

My dad also has a Glock 21 .45 ACP with nothing on it, and we really like it that way.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Hogue slip on grip. That's all I did to mine. And I love it.

spit hell fire

Old 05-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #6

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock
Hogue slip on grip. That's all I did to mine. And I love it.
Yea that's all I did to my G35.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunguy1997

ok he wants to know which is better ss or tungsten for recoil spring.
I believe tugsten is heavier in reguards to weight then stainless steel and tug is also more durable this longer lasting. And stainless steel is of course more durable then plastic of course. I heard people have either or and not complain. If he shoots factory ammo and does not re load or buy +p he should stick with the factory weight of a recoil spring.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote me if in wrong anyone lol

Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #9

Liked 1002 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1002

My suggestion is do nothing except put lots of ammo through that new Glock. If he waits until he figures out what he likes and doesn't like he'll make better decisions. I have three Glocks that are basically stock and have concentrated on buying ammo, magazines and holsters.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #10

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Better Glock, isn't that an oxymoron?

I'm sorry, these Glock jokes just never get old. Haha I've been saying stuff like that ever since I got one.