Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   better glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/better-glock-63985/)

gunguy1997 05-07-2012 04:48 AM

better glock

My dad loves my his new glock. he has asked me to talk to people and ask about upgrades. he can never leave something alone. he always has to be improving his toys. so what are some main things he should look into to make his Glock 21 45acp shoot better. He has already found all kinds of visual upgrades. But now he is looking into performance upgrades. But before he really does anything, he wants other peoples opinions.

Engine5truck 05-07-2012 05:26 AM

My g30 internally: I have a ultimate trigger stop and a ghost 3.5 connector.( just installed today shot it and loved it) lone wolf Threaded barrel. Compensator attachment will be here next month. You can upgrade everything from the recoil spring trigger, firing pin etc depends how much money u wanna dump in it. . But iglock does a good job so i kept the firing pin and firing pin saftey stock. Externally: extended slide stop extended slide release ( came with the laser max laser) trucker mud flap girl on the rear plate. And steel sights with a trijicon front sight. there's more I just can't remember. Glock pistols are great right out of the box. But tell him to modify it for him to his needs. One guy may like one thing and another guy could tell u a complete different story. So start off small test stuff out and tell him to find out what he likes. My dad has a g 21 as well bone stock and he loves it. Tell ur dad congrats on the new buy! Hope that helped a lil

gunguy1997 05-07-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine5truck (Post 792699)
My g30 internally: I have a ultimate trigger stop and a ghost 3.5 connector.( just installed today shot it and loved it) lone wolf Threaded barrel. Compensator attachment will be here next month. You can upgrade everything from the recoil spring trigger, firing pin etc depends how much money u wanna dump in it. . But iglock does a good job so i kept the firing pin and firing pin saftey stock. Externally: extended slide stop extended slide release ( came with the laser max laser) trucker mud flap girl on the rear plate. And steel sights with a trijicon front sight. there's more I just can't remember. Glock pistols are great right out of the box. But tell him to modify it for him to his needs. One guy may like one thing and another guy could tell u a complete different story. So start off small test stuff out and tell him to find out what he likes. My dad has a g 21 as well bone stock and he loves it. Tell ur dad congrats on the new buy! Hope that helped a lil

ok he wants to know which is better ss or tungsten for recoil spring.

sniperrifleman 05-07-2012 11:21 AM

My dad also has a Glock 21 .45 ACP with nothing on it, and we really like it that way.

niteglock 05-07-2012 11:26 AM

Hogue slip on grip. That's all I did to mine. And I love it.

Fathead00 05-07-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niteglock
Hogue slip on grip. That's all I did to mine. And I love it.

Yea that's all I did to my G35.

Engine5truck 05-07-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunguy1997

ok he wants to know which is better ss or tungsten for recoil spring.

I believe tugsten is heavier in reguards to weight then stainless steel and tug is also more durable this longer lasting. And stainless steel is of course more durable then plastic of course. I heard people have either or and not complain. If he shoots factory ammo and does not re load or buy +p he should stick with the factory weight of a recoil spring.

Engine5truck 05-07-2012 05:05 PM

Quote me if in wrong anyone lol

Quentin 05-07-2012 06:42 PM

My suggestion is do nothing except put lots of ammo through that new Glock. If he waits until he figures out what he likes and doesn't like he'll make better decisions. I have three Glocks that are basically stock and have concentrated on buying ammo, magazines and holsters.

sputnik1988 05-07-2012 06:47 PM

Better Glock, isn't that an oxymoron?:rolleyes:

I'm sorry, these Glock jokes just never get old. Haha I've been saying stuff like that ever since I got one.