Best replacment sights for Glock 17? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Best replacment sights for Glock 17?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What are you using the gun for? Night sights are not necessary for a target shooter working in good light.

If you're not going to be shooting in low or failing light, I would suggest a set of plain steel Novak sights. You can get a plain black front and rear for about $60.

If you will be using the gun for personal defense, then the world of sights opens up to a lot of other options. Sticking with Novak's you have options from fiber optics, to tritium inserts, and the old school brass bead front sight.

Other quality night sight manufacturers include Trijicon and Meprolight. There are also combo tritium and fiber optic sights like those from TRUGLO, and other variations like the XS Big Dot sights.

Your local gunshop should have someone on staff that can install any of these options for you.

XS BIG DOT

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 AM   #22

I purposefully chose the glock with night sights since living in the country most people wanna play screw around at night. I've already had several unexpected visitors with questionable intentions come by but luckily they see my glock, or mossburg with heat shield lol, and figure its best to move on lol.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #23

I recently got these in a square orange front/green rear with night sight surrounding. No exaggeration these are amazing. The colors look like florescent in the day and then you have the white outline for night time. My best modification so by far.

AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Glock

RC.

-G26
-G34
It's Better to Burn Out
Than To Fade Away!

Old 10-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

I've got Trijicon all green night sights on both my Glocks. Love 'em.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Old 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower
I've got Trijicon all green night sights on both my Glocks. Love 'em.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk
Thumbs up! Meprolites would be my second choice.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:53 AM   #26

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Trijicon or meprolight, either one is good.. Ive got trijicon on my G31 and my 1911...i wouldnt go back to plain sights after having them

forumrunner_20111006_234839.jpg  

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-14-2011, 03:04 AM   #27

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I just can't imagine a situation in which I'd be firing with night sights. I have 3 pistols with night sights (1 XS Big Dot, and 2 Kimber Meprolights). They are nearly brand new and really "bright".

Unless there is almost NO light, I can barely see the glow. If there is such minimal light I am probably not going to be firing my gun. If my life is that much in danger in such low-light conditions, I am probably going to be point-shooting anyway.

Personally, I've just gotten over the night sights thing.

Those Glock sights are pretty good, but are different than others so they take some time at the range.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 10-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #28

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris
I just can't imagine a situation in which I'd be firing with night sights. I have 3 pistols with night sights (1 XS Big Dot, and 2 Kimber Meprolights). They are nearly brand new and really "bright".

Unless there is almost NO light, I can barely see the glow. If there is such minimal light I am probably not going to be firing my gun. If my life is that much in danger in such low-light conditions, I am probably going to be point-shooting anyway.

Personally, I've just gotten over the night sights thing.

Those Glock sights are pretty good, but are different than others so they take some time at the range.
Ive got a funny story about night sights.., i remember one of my partners telling me back before he had used a gun with night sights. He said that one night he was out driving around patrolling, he happened to look down and saw these two little beady eyes and thought it was some kind of creature looking up at him. He said that he ran off the road and he was jumping around slapping his hip...then he realized that it was just the sights... I laughed my butt off.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis