Best replacment sights for Glock 17? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Best replacment sights for Glock 17?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Well I tried the trijicon night sights. I had them on for a couple of months before I couldn't stand it anymore. Glock factory sights are one of the few that just make sense to me. Easy sight picture and very simple design. So I swapped them out and just use the factory sights now. Now if Glock or another manufacturer could make the night sights to look like the stock sights, I'd pay a pretty penny for them.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 07-12-2011, 04:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz
Well I tried the trijicon night sights. I had them on for a couple of months before I couldn't stand it anymore. Glock factory sights are one of the few that just make sense to me. Easy sight picture and very simple design. So I swapped them out and just use the factory sights now. Now if Glock or another manufacturer could make the night sights to look like the stock sights, I'd pay a pretty penny for them.
What, you don't like those stupid two dot sights on the taurus?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #13

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteWalrus

What, you don't like those stupid two dot sights on the taurus?
Are you kidding me? Straight 8 sights can go bleep themselves

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 07-12-2011, 04:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue

I have always been found of Ghost Iron sights. Just tell the guys wherever you buy anything if they can install it if you buy it.

These look awesome. A friend had them on his benelli m2 and they rock, but I've never seen them on a pistol.

How are they for long range precision?

Old 07-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Mepro worked for me. Take a look.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:26 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I was going to replace stocks with mepros and I got lazy so 12 yrs later still the stocks are used (plastic), I've heard about plastic sights falling out of the gun (internet stories), but never witnessed it or know about somebody that actually had that problem.

For the last 5 or so yrs, I painted with hi lighter the white surfaced on the sights and it made some difference, not a night sight but good for daylight

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 08-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #17

Brownells has a whole slew of sights for the glock. Im looming at getting the rear sight which is trijicon night sight taken out and replaced with a peep style sight from brownells. It reminds me of the sight on an m-16 and m-249. I think it will help with my shooting. Or at least I hope it does lol.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I have always been found of Ghost Iron sights. Just tell the guys wherever you buy anything if they can install it if you buy it.

I bought my clip draw and asked the dude and he said sure. 3 seconds later I was the door clip draw installed. They will usally do it free. If not, find another dealer who will and support him.

Very important. Find a gun dealer/store with nice people and no a-holes and you'll be much happier. Guns seems to make people into jerks. That goes for gun counter guy too.

THIS. Whenever I replace sights on one of my Glocks, I put on Aro Tek ghost rings.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #19

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I put truglo tfo sights on my 26. They are great at night, and have an awesome bright green sight picture during the day.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #20

I like the style of this ghost ring sites. The trijicon sites I have are awesome sights especially since the pistol with the sites and a 3.5 pound trigger job was only $350.00 lol I still want those ghost ring sites lol