Best replacment sights for Glock 17?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Best replacment sights for Glock 17?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Best replacment sights for Glock 17?

Hi folks. I just recently bought a G17 and I really like the sights but was wondering if there is something better that would be recommended to change the stock sights. Also, if i bought them, how do I get them installed and setup? Yes...I'm a newbie.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #2

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by theargonaut View Post
Hi folks. I just recently bought a G17 and I really like the sights but was wondering if there is something better that would be recommended to change the stock sights. Also, if i bought them, how do I get them installed and setup? Yes...I'm a newbie.
I have always been found of Ghost Iron sights. Just tell the guys wherever you buy anything if they can install it if you buy it.

I bought my clip draw and asked the dude and he said sure. 3 seconds later I was the door clip draw installed. They will usally do it free. If not, find another dealer who will and support him.

Very important. Find a gun dealer/store with nice people and no a-holes and you'll be much happier. Guns seems to make people into jerks. That goes for gun counter guy too.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:49 AM   #3

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 982

I wouldn't change the factory sights right now, just start shooting the gun and make sure it works right. If there are any problems why complicate things by having modifications done too soon. You may find you're happy with the factory sights.

A popular replacement though are metal night sights. You might want to have a Glock armorer or gunsmith install them if you do end up replacing the factory sights, the rear sight may be stubborn.

We do need pictures of your new Glock though!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:06 AM   #4

Quentin said it best. Shoot the gun factory and get very good with it. Both my Glocks are factory and doing great!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:13 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I agree with Quentin. I would first get use to the stock sights you might find you prefer the stock sights or you might shoot very well with them as apposed to other sights. If you find that you don't like the stocks sight then I would go with the metal night sights.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 06-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #6

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 982

DodgerBlue, I have to say that ghost ring looks very interesting. Real quick to pick up.

Argonaut, not trying to take your fun away, just be sure everything works before making changes. I have night sights on my older G22 (a LE trade in that came with them) and standard sights on my brand new 23Gen4. I think I'll stick with the G23's factory plastic sights.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Tru-glo TFO sights are da bomb

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 06-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 473

Default Check out Glow On in the vendor section

Order a vial of Glow On and fill in the dots. Works great on sites with "dimples". A very low cost to try and see if it works for you as opposed to spending $75.00+.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Order a vial of Glow On and fill in the dots. Works great on sites with "dimples". A very low cost to try and see if it works for you as opposed to spending $75.00+.
Great input, but something more pressing than Glow On, is that some kind of alligator your using as an avitar pic? Looks cool 50-60's retro. i want it.

Quentin, those Ghost Iron sights are so sweet. Center of mass all day everyday. Best you can have IMO

Last edited by DodgerBlue; 06-30-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Old 07-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #10

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I put Heinie's on most of mine.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."