Back to the sport
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Back to the sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Back to the sport

Hi guys, yep I`m brand new here. Just a little background. 15 years ago I up and sold a 25 gun collection for a variety of reasons, I won`t bore you with, it`s taken me 15 years to figure out that was a mistake, fast forward to now. I`m looking to start by purchasing a Glock 9mm, I intend to do a lot of target shooting.

I have a problem with my shooting arms wrist that cannot be fixed so my question is 2 fold first would a model 34 be a wiser purchase for target shooting than a model 17 and will the 34 have a bit less recoil.

Second: what modifications would you make to remove as much recoil from the gun as possible, this will be important.

I have two calibers of interest, the 9mm and the 22 lr. I`m aware that I can get a conversion unit to shoot 22lr`s in the Glock. Thanks Jim

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Welcome to the FTF community.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about Glocks than me will be along soon to answer your questions.

When you have a chance, please go to the Introduction forum and introduce yourself to the folks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

My 2 cents on the matter is simple. The G34 has the advantage of added length, length between sights and barrel length so it would be better for any form of competition shooting over the G17. To me the greater length can aid with greater accuracy. Also, the trigger pull on the G34 is lighter than on the G17 in stock condition. so, placing them side by side i would opt for the G34 for target shooting and plinking over the G17.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

my 2 cents also id go with the 9mm also i work as a nurse good wrist brace or wrap and aleave . and never never sell your guns.