Back to Glock

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Back to Glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default Back to Glock

About a year ago, I decided it was time to get my carry permit. I got my permit and bought my first handgun in many years, a glock 23. I loved how it felt, how it shot, just the beautiful simplicity of the machine. But I bought the gun to carry. It carried well, except for one thing, I could not get used to carrying one in the pipe. The lack of a "safety" made me uncomfortable. I sold the Glock and bought a Springfield XDM because of the grip safety . I got more confident with time carrying hot. It became habit to holster clear, Keep the finger straight and trust myself. I was at my LGS and bought Glock19. I now feel complete and totally comfortable carrying the Glock chambered. I have put in my order for a 30s. You know, sometimes it just takes time

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontime View Post
About a year ago, I decided it was time to get my carry permit. I got my permit and bought my first handgun in many years, a glock 23. I loved how it felt, how it shot, just the beautiful simplicity of the machine. But I bought the gun to carry. It carried well, except for one thing, I could not get used to carrying one in the pipe. The lack of a "safety" made me uncomfortable. I sold the Glock and bought a Springfield XDM because of the grip safety . I got more confident with time carrying hot. It became habit to holster clear, Keep the finger straight and trust myself. I was at my LGS and bought Glock19. I now feel complete and totally comfortable carrying the Glock chambered. I have put in my order for a 30s. You know, sometimes it just takes time
You aren't the first to post this, and it's something I can understand and relate to, as I carried a G30 for years, without a chamber round. However, you get flamed for your failure to properly know how to handle a loaded weapon.

I get it though, Do what makes you comfortable. My Glock on my nightstand.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 03-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #3

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontime
Carry your weapon in a manner you are comfortable with.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1161 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 499

I carry my Glock in a kydex holster (better than a soft leather holster which may deform in a hot, humid environment and contact the trigger) and always look at the mouth of the holster before re-holstering the pistol to ensure there is no clothing or other crap in the path of the pistol that may inadvertently depress the trigger. It's a pretty simple and prudent gun handling procedure that should be followed with all pistols, irrespective of design. It beats shooting yourself in the foot and doesn't require more than a split second of your time.

In response to the OP on another thread, I indicated that there is a Glock trigger safety device called a "Siderlock" that provides a manual safety feature on the trigger mechanism itself that works for right or wrong handed users if you feel you absolutely must have a manual safety on your pistol.

The Cominolli thumb safety lever requires a permanent frame modification voiding your factory warranty, requires a different manual of arms, is more than twice as expensive, and only works for right handed users.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

When I carry my glock, I use a G-code Kydex also. I also use the Kydex in IDPA competition. I think is is the fastest draw holster out there. Plus, you can adjust the tension to your liking. And if fits close to your body.

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered