Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > awesome glock 20 graphic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Thought some of you guys might enjoy this. Someone spent some time on making it. Assuming my phone didn't find a what to screw it up, it's a stand alone image. Has no background. Not sure how good the quality will be coming off the forum though.

20.jpg  

I don't need No stinking signature.

Last edited by mountainman13; 06-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I think maybe I am missing somethings here! All photos have a background, some are plain, some are not. It is not difficult or time consuming to remove backgrounds and change them to a solid color background or alter the background to be transparently interpreted by digital image display.

So, what am I missing?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Lol. You're knit picking. I'm not a photography or graphics arts expert. All I know it that this is basically a free floating glock pic. If I understand it correctly they basically cut the glock out of a photo and made it a picture in itself. As far as I can tell what you see (the glock) is the photo in itself.
It may not have translated that way in the thread though. Idk

Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Lol. You're knit picking. I'm not a photography or graphics arts expert. All I know it that this is basically a free floating glock pic. If I understand it correctly they basically cut the glock out of a photo and made it a picture in itself. As far as I can tell what you see (the glock) is the photo in itself.
It may not have translated that way in the thread though. Idk
"knit picking"?!?! Strange comment, when I made a legit statement with a legit question. Photo subjects, such as the Glock pictured, are not free floating in the photo file. You may not be able to distinguish the background, because the photo background color is the same color as your screen background color (such as white) and they have no border around the photo, nonetheless it is there. Most likely the original background in the photo was stripped and replaced with white (presents of all colors), probably using a technique in Photo Shop (a computer graphics program). It's not unusual in graphics production, nor is it difficult to perform.

Because it is so common, I was questioning my ability to recognize why you thought it was so awesome........so, I asked. What's impressive to one, might not be impressive to others.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It may be showing up with a background in the forum (white) as it appears but the original pic that I have does not have a background. It is a cutout of the gun. If I'm looking at it on a black background, the background is black. If I look at it with an Obama background the gun is free floating with Obama in the background. On my phone the physical space of the gun is the picture. Nothing more.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #6

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Photoshop or Gimp?

Or was it something else lol

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 06-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Not sure. I didn't make it and I'm in no way versed in graphic modification. Makes a hell of a wallpaper though. Lol

Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
It may be showing up with a background in the forum (white) as it appears but the original pic that I have does not have a background. It is a cutout of the gun. If I'm looking at it on a black background, the background is black. If I look at it with an Obama background the gun is free floating with Obama in the background. On my phone the physical space of the gun is the picture. Nothing more.
That is a transparent background. You can't see it with your naked eye (that's the purpose) without the image software interpreter. The actual background color may be pink, blue, red, almost any color (other than the color which appears in the subject). Program interpreters see the file attribute as containing a transparent section. It also identifies which color in the image file should be displayed as transparent and allows the overlay (actually an underlay with a superimposed image) of another photo to show through to the human eye (while on display). It is an image, but not a true photo. The image does have a square or rectangle shape, with a viewable subject image of a Glock. Using the proper graphics interpreter, the Glock image can be superimposed on another electronic photo/image, so the other photo appears to be a background (and therefore the actual layer in the file is labeled as background). Making the background transparent, is a simple option on making the background a solid color.......it is common and relatively easy for anyone to do, with a graphics interpreter program like Photo Shop, or Paint Shop.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ah. Well it's still cool. Lol
Learn something everyday. Thanks for the lesson.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #10

As a professional photographer and looking close at the lighting on the surface if the gun, I would say this was shot against a light table which eliminates shadows. The light hitting the surface of the gun is coming from below and from a fill light from the camera angle. Just MHO. Sure it could now be cutout with a post processing software (photoshop) and any background could be used.