Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Glocks have no life or warmth to them. Utilitarian tools that do what they are supposed to. I hate the lack of balance, I hate the trigger. But I still own one. I rarely take it out to shoot it on a trip to the range for fun (even though I usually bring it.)
What are you looking for? Something you can take to the range and enjoy shooting? Marksmanship? Something unusual?
I really love shooting old single action revolvers. Also love shooting 1911s, though I don't yet own one. Love my double actions as well. The .22 rimfire has its merits, have some in single action revolver and a Ruger 22/45. Both are a blast to shoot and cheap to boot!
So, whats your fancy Mr. GoGlockOrGoHome? (Odd that someone with that username would be looking for something else. Just sayin'.)
Haha, yes "GoGlockOrGoHome" will be "going home" with a pistol other than a glock, lol.
What I'm looking for isssss..
1. Extremely reliable (goes bang EVERY time & will last a lifetime)
2. Extremely durable (can take a beating)
3. A caliber that is 9mm or larger (the bigger the better)
What I DONT want issss...
1. A revolver
2. Anything with more than 10 round capacity (CA law)
What is NOT a factor or what is NOT important to me isssss...
1. Looks (I don't care if its ugly)
2. Price (ill pay whatever for a pistol that meets these needs)
So far I haven't found anything that meets this criteria except Glock.
But then again, I'm brand new to firearms. So I know diddly squat!
Thanks in advance for your help!