Anything better than Glock?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Anything better than Glock?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Anything better than Glock?

I'm a glock whore.
I love the durability, reliability, accuracy, price and ability to accessorize.

If for some crazy reason I would venture out and buy something else, what other gun manufacturer/model would even come close?
I want something EXTRENELY reliable. Everything else I could care less about.
I don't care about price or looks.
Just reliability and durability.

So besides Glock, what else would compare?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #2

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

I don't know why my iPhone sends things before their finished From my research on the firearm which I have never handled nor shot the XD 40 or xd series of pistol From videos on YouTube of disassembly it is very close to the Glock when Field stripping as far as accuracy I couldn't tell you It has an extra safety such as the one you'd find on the 1911 grip And a more straight down Grip compared to the Glock has a curved Grip And it looks pretty darn good

Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome View Post
I'm a glock whore.
I love the durability, reliability, accuracy, price and ability to accessorize.

If for some crazy reason I would venture out and buy something else, what other gun manufacturer/model would even come close?
I want something EXTRENELY reliable. Everything else I could care less about.
I don't care about price or looks.
Just reliability and durability.

So besides Glock, what else would compare?
there are many just as reliable and just as durable.

lets see here, Sig, H & K, Ruger, Springfield, S & W, Colt, ect., ect.,,,,,,
Old 02-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #4

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

The only other handguns I could think of that would be better than a glock personally I'd rather 1911

Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #5

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

M&p or xdm

Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1191 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 509

The S&W M&P has better ergonomics, to me, than the Glock, price is comparable, durability and reliability are about the same, and it's made in the USA.

What do I mean by better ergonomics:

- Grip is tacky, has a palm swell (like it was made for a human hand that might get bloody, sweaty, and/or greasy)

- Magazine release is easier to actuate

- Slide is easier to securely grip with a sweaty or greasy hand (I'm not sure how guys that have the nickel boron finish on their Glock slides get a grip because I have sometimes have problems with the normal finish on mine)

- Longer sight radius

- Picatinny accessory rail (means you don't have to have a separate SureFire X300 for your Glock and for your carbine)

- Beavertail (if you have fat hands you'll appreciate not having the slide bite you)

- Doesn't require a butt plug

Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #7

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have several that have, in my case, served me better then the one Glock that I had. My first choice is the Springfield XD40 SC, my primary EDC, then the S&W M&P auto loaders. I have over 6K rounds down the pipe on my XD40SC without the first failure of any type and about 1K rounds on a XD40 5" without a failure.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I shot both a Glock 22 and a XD40 both about equally and love them both only real differences I can see is my XD is a little heavier with 3 less rounds when fully loaded an the XD has the extra safety. Both shot very reliable I'm one of the few people I know that have had a Glock jam but I know what the problem was and it wasn't something that would be a problem except at the range. I over oiled it then ran several hundred rounds of some really really dirty low powered ammo through it.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

How about CZ's? I am a Glock guy. Shot many pistol brands and calibers haven't shot a CZ though and a buddy swears by it as the pistol to have if you only have one. How are CZ's? Pros and cons?

Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #10

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Love my G22, getting ready to add a G23 to the family but after that prob gonna get a XD 3.8 .40 next. I have also looked at the M&Ps, Sigs and FNs. I am also currently looking at a Kahr CW380 for my wife and daughter.

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"

Closed Thread