Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Anything better than Glock? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/anything-better-than-glock-85109/)

GoGlockOrGoHome 02-25-2013 05:20 AM

Anything better than Glock?

I'm a glock whore.
I love the durability, reliability, accuracy, price and ability to accessorize.

If for some crazy reason I would venture out and buy something else, what other gun manufacturer/model would even come close?
I want something EXTRENELY reliable. Everything else I could care less about.
I don't care about price or looks.
Just reliability and durability.

So besides Glock, what else would compare?

akms47nagont 02-25-2013 05:28 AM

I don't know why my iPhone sends things before their finished From my research on the firearm which I have never handled nor shot the XD 40 or xd series of pistol From videos on YouTube of disassembly it is very close to the Glock when Field stripping as far as accuracy I couldn't tell you It has an extra safety such as the one you'd find on the 1911 grip And a more straight down Grip compared to the Glock has a curved Grip And it looks pretty darn good

Axxe55 02-25-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome (Post 1153085)
I'm a glock whore.
I love the durability, reliability, accuracy, price and ability to accessorize.

If for some crazy reason I would venture out and buy something else, what other gun manufacturer/model would even come close?
I want something EXTRENELY reliable. Everything else I could care less about.
I don't care about price or looks.
Just reliability and durability.

So besides Glock, what else would compare?

there are many just as reliable and just as durable.

lets see here, Sig, H & K, Ruger, Springfield, S & W, Colt, ect., ect.,,,,,,

akms47nagont 02-25-2013 05:29 AM

The only other handguns I could think of that would be better than a glock personally I'd rather 1911

austin92 02-25-2013 05:49 AM

M&p or xdm

kbd512 02-25-2013 06:19 AM

The S&W M&P has better ergonomics, to me, than the Glock, price is comparable, durability and reliability are about the same, and it's made in the USA.

What do I mean by better ergonomics:

- Grip is tacky, has a palm swell (like it was made for a human hand that might get bloody, sweaty, and/or greasy)

- Magazine release is easier to actuate

- Slide is easier to securely grip with a sweaty or greasy hand (I'm not sure how guys that have the nickel boron finish on their Glock slides get a grip because I have sometimes have problems with the normal finish on mine)

- Longer sight radius

- Picatinny accessory rail (means you don't have to have a separate SureFire X300 for your Glock and for your carbine)

- Beavertail (if you have fat hands you'll appreciate not having the slide bite you)

- Doesn't require a butt plug

chuckusaret 02-25-2013 06:28 AM

I have several that have, in my case, served me better then the one Glock that I had. My first choice is the Springfield XD40 SC, my primary EDC, then the S&W M&P auto loaders. I have over 6K rounds down the pipe on my XD40SC without the first failure of any type and about 1K rounds on a XD40 5" without a failure.

rory83 02-25-2013 06:51 AM

I shot both a Glock 22 and a XD40 both about equally and love them both only real differences I can see is my XD is a little heavier with 3 less rounds when fully loaded an the XD has the extra safety. Both shot very reliable I'm one of the few people I know that have had a Glock jam but I know what the problem was and it wasn't something that would be a problem except at the range. I over oiled it then ran several hundred rounds of some really really dirty low powered ammo through it.

Don_Mega 02-25-2013 07:41 AM

How about CZ's? I am a Glock guy. Shot many pistol brands and calibers haven't shot a CZ though and a buddy swears by it as the pistol to have if you only have one. How are CZ's? Pros and cons?

audiophile 02-25-2013 09:43 AM

Love my G22, getting ready to add a G23 to the family but after that prob gonna get a XD 3.8 .40 next. I have also looked at the M&Ps, Sigs and FNs. I am also currently looking at a Kahr CW380 for my wife and daughter.