Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Anyone install Hogue grips on your Glock? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/anyone-install-hogue-grips-your-glock-85226/)

StainlessSteel215 02-26-2013 05:19 PM

Anyone install Hogue grips on your Glock?

I decided to give it a try since Ive had experiences with shooting on hot days or if I work up a sweat that the polymer grip would get a little slippery. I installed the Hogue universal Glock grips and I do like the way it feels so far. Had to peform a little surgery with a razor blade but it was easy and looks great now. The Hogue rubber really sticks to my hand and fits the Glock palm swell and finger grooves perfectly. Its fairly thin, but VERY good quality rubber. Doesnt slop around or seem to fall out of place once you finally work it into its seated position.

The ONLY thing I noticed was obviously it added a little extra circumference to the grip so my right hand/fingers dont grip around as far as it did (not much maybe 1/4" extra or so) but not enough that it should effect my accuracy. I think its a solid fit. Anyone else put these on and have good or bad experiences?

Fathead00 02-26-2013 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's what I have on my G35 that I carry. I really like it and haven't had any trouble with it.

Attachment 87737

StainlessSteel215 02-26-2013 05:39 PM

Wow you carry that cannon?? Awesome

Glad they are working for you, that sounds promising

Fathead00 02-26-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
Wow you carry that cannon?? Awesome

Glad they are working for you, that sounds promising

Yea it's a big gun, but I feel very comfortable with it. My other carry is my SR1911.;)

robocop10mm 02-26-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 (Post 1155194)
I decided to give it a try since Ive had experiences with shooting on hot days or if I work up a sweat that the polymer grip would get a little slippery. I installed the Hogue universal Glock grips and I do like the way it feels so far. Had to peform a little surgery with a razor blade but it was easy and looks great now. The Hogue rubber really sticks to my hand and fits the Glock palm swell and finger grooves perfectly. Its fairly thin, but VERY good quality rubber. Doesnt slop around or seem to fall out of place once you finally work it into its seated position.

The ONLY thing I noticed was obviously it added a little extra circumference to the grip so my right hand/fingers dont grip around as far as it did (not much maybe 1/4" extra or so) but not enough that it should effect my accuracy. I think its a solid fit. Anyone else put these on and have good or bad experiences?

Cannon? A .40 S&W chambered Glock? I guess my 10mm is, what, an atomic bomb? My 6" .44 Mag S&W is a thermonuclear weapon?

I guess the standards of the day have changed with the huge number of subcompact .380's and 9mm's, the full size pistol seems HUGE.

StainlessSteel215 02-26-2013 07:16 PM

Yup, the sheer length of that gun seems like a cannon to me Robo. But yes you are right I am biased as Ive only ever carried officer size 1911's and compact pistols. Nothing bigger than 4" but again thats all preference.

Anyways, Im focused on Hogue grips here and if anyone has had good/bad experiences.

danolator 02-26-2013 11:45 PM

Yep. Got one on my 19. Just picked up a new 22 today and am getting ready to order one for it as well. I like the lighter weight of polymer, but can't stand the way it feels in my hand. All my handguns & revolvers have rubber grips or sleeves.

pistolero_loco 02-27-2013 01:36 AM

Yes

I have used Hogue grip sleeves on Glock's as well as Pacmayr grip sleeves. I really like the feel of these better than the polymer. Of the two, I like the Pacmayr better than the Hogue. It is thinner and has some ventilation holes. With both of them the key is to heat them with a blow dryer before pulling them on or off, other wise they tend to tear.

Mario 02-27-2013 02:57 AM

I have one on my Glock 23. For me it makes the grip more comfortable and controllable. If you find that it is not your preference you can take it back off.

therukh 02-27-2013 05:23 AM

While the sleeves work well for some, my hand is too small to use it well. I prefer to send my Glock's to Dave Bowie and have him texture the grip. Looks great, works even better and the gun feels right in my hand. Check out some of his pics and you'll see.