Anyone ever used Glock .22 Conversion kit?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Anyone ever used Glock .22 Conversion kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default Anyone ever used Glock .22 Conversion kit?

Anyone have any real world experience with the Glock .22 conversion kits? I'm missing a Glock I traded and I'm thinking about dropping for one, then paying another 300 for the fun oddity that would be a .22lr Glock platform/trainer.

http://youtu.be/-EgLNGXM3-o

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 07-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a shooter that was using a Glock conversion kit. He had some issues with the feeding. He found out that his was picky with what round you put through it.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #3

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have the advanage arms 22 conversion for my glock 19. It installs really easily. Works well, come with a list of recommendated ammo. Mine runs fine with bulk pack of Remington golden bullets. I would stick with the mags from the manufacturer though, I got a couple 15 round mags and the were nothing but feed problems

Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #4

I'm using Advantage Arms conversion kit for G17.

It is somewhat picky on ammo but with CCI ammo (even not HV) it works great!

Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #5

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I have an advantage arms kit as well after waiting for a ciener kit for a year and they finally refunded all my money.

I like it.

Use the suggested ammo brands and you'll enjoy it. Same with above comments on advantage arms mags. while testing other ammo, It has problems with federal bulk pack (red box) feeds the recommended types with no issues and so, far the winchester white bulk pack is working well. I have 4 bricks of older rem-gold that i set aside for it and it runs through those without breaking a sweat. all of my issues have been FTE with the spent casing getting caught as the slide cycles the next round. removing the slide for cleaning can be a challenge, or at least is for me, due to the release lever groove being really tight with the Adv Arms slide. The factory glock slide has no issues on mine. I consider it a quirk.

If I ever had to replace my conversion I'd get another adv arms one

Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #6

> I have 4 bricks of older rem-gold that i set aside for it and it runs through those without breaking a sweat.

Probably you are very lucky. I tried Remington Golds and saw way too many FTE.
So far the only ammo that I've found flawless with this conversion kit is CCI Minimags.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Sadly they don't make the .22 conversion for a model 30. Just have to keep plinking with my P22 Though I have been thinking of getting like a old SAA style 22

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #8

Likes Given: 1

Have the AA Kit for my G19. Works fine. Its more than paid for itself; I have shot probably 5 or 6 bricks through it. No real signs of wear. Its a fun plinker but nowhere as accurate as my MK III or Model 617.