Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Anyone????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1963 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the part i wonder about, doesn't Glock have a factory in the US? and if so why couldn't they make it here and then they wouldn't have to import it.

guns made here in the US, don't have to follow the same point system as an imported firearm does.
Back to the part where the US market just wouldn't support a .380 that is that big when there are smaller, cheaper options out there.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:41 AM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19848 Times on 11271 Posts
Likes Given: 50028

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Back to the part where the US market just wouldn't support a .380 that is that big when there are smaller, cheaper options out there.
kinda what i thought after your last post about it. thanks Doc.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #13

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
Just got a few of the new SR380s in at the shop. Ruger has that covered. A Glock version would just ugly up our display case.......
I own several Rugers & a few of them actually look good. But, I depend on my Glocks. They are functionally head and shoulders above the SR series. You like pretty, but I'll trust my life to an ugly old Glock any day!

Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #14

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
I own several Rugers & a few of them actually look good. But, I depend on my Glocks. They are functionally head and shoulders above the SR series. You like pretty, but I'll trust my life to an ugly old Glock any day!
lol...you got a koolaid mustache.. I work at a range,so its not something i need to ask about. Glocks malfunction, Rugers dont......

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #15

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

lol...you got a koolaid mustache.. I work at a range,so its not something i need to ask about. Glocks malfunction, Rugers dont......
Of course, Glocks get rented about 5/1 over any other range gun. Try cleaning your rental guns once in awhile. Also, in case you didn't notice.....This is GLOCK forum. Take your hate over to the Ruger forum where it belongs.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I have never seen a Glock .380 (9mm kurz) over here in Germany. We border Austria. Where are they selling the weapon?

Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #17

Liked 1963 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I have never seen a Glock .380 (9mm kurz) over here in Germany. We border Austria. Where are they selling the weapon?
From what I understand most get sold in Latin America. Brazil and Argentina were listed in one article I read about them. Pretty sure Europe has an abundance of more size appropriate .380s to choose from as well.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 AM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for all the feed on this topic. I love my Glock along with all my other pistols and I do have one or two of the various makes an models. Some of them I appreciate more than others, but my Glock is reached for more than most. It is a real bummer that they are not able to import them. I would buy one or two just to have them. The Glock model 25 should be an option to the American people who love their Glocks.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2588 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

GCA '68 set up a point system for imported handguns. Length, height, locked breach, adjustable sights, target grips (with thumb rest), magazine disconnector, other safety features, etc each had points assigned to them.

The Glock .380's use an unlocked, blowback operation and do not have enough points. Walther mated the PP frame to the short PPK slide and created a new gun, the PPK/S to meet this requirement.

The GLock .380's are popular in a number of Latin American countries as owning a gun in a "military" caliber is illegal. Just like the .38 Super is a very popular caliber in Mexico.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

So one might ask the question "is there a .380 conversation kit for a Glock?".
Is there?

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56