Any suggestions on cheap target ammo? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Any suggestions on cheap target ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #21
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2104 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Reloaded ammo? I never tried reloaded ammo and wont. I kinda worry in safety reasons. No offense though.
Depends on the company. I have shot many thousands of rounds of commercial reloads without a problem. I had a good source and was buying for friends. They never complained either and kept buying. I bought a couple of 250 round boxes to try and then started buying 1k at a time. I told some friends and I was buying 5k a month on average. If the company is good the ammo is good. If it is a couple of guys set up in their garage with a progressive loader, you will know in a hurry.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #22
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2104 Times on 1152 Posts
Likes Given: 629

My SIL in the PRK has a Lee progressive he is looking to sell. I could put you in touch if anyone is interested. I dont know how much stuff he has. Send me a PM with an email address and I will give the address to him.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Depends on the company. I have shot many thousands of rounds of commercial reloads without a problem. I had a good source and was buying for friends. They never complained either and kept buying. I bought a couple of 250 round boxes to try and then started buying 1k at a time. I told some friends and I was buying 5k a month on average. If the company is good the ammo is good. If it is a couple of guys set up in their garage with a progressive loader, you will know in a hurry.
He's set up commercially in a business setting, with a 2000 sq building with power loaders, all the electronic eyes, and monitors needed to keep the production tight and right.

This guy sells over 100 thousand rounds of ammo a month.

I started out slow buying from him and know have bought about 5 thousand from him without a problem.

Quote:
Reloaded ammo? I never tried reloaded ammo and wont. I kinda worry in safety reasons. No offense though.
Fine with me....but....

So you know that "name" brand, a lot of which is produced in foreign countries now, is just fine?

Last edited by Paperpuncher; 01-27-2012 at 03:00 PM.