Another reason i love Glocks

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Another reason i love Glocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Another reason i love Glocks

Hey whats up people, i found another reason why i love my glock. I never knew how to strip the frame or the slide, but was curious. I watched a couple of youtube vids.. and decided to give it a try. It was actually easier than i expected. I bought a 3/32 inch punch from the hardware store and got busy. Although my g23 is still fresh..only 200 rds, i wanted to be able to break down the whole gun if needed to. Now i know how, i feel a lot better. I dont know if any other guns are that simple to disassemble. Feel free to share other guns that are similar

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #2

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

Congrats, Stan, you're well on your way to becoming a Glock armorer. It doesn't take much more except more experience. You are right, of all the guns I own the Glock is the simpliest to work on. I'm very happy with my G23 (and G22).

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Heh. I won a bet with a (non shooting) buddy who had seen Scent of a Woman. I told him that I could disassemble my firearm and re-assemble it blindfolded. I used a Glock 23 and did it in about 50 sseconds to disassemble and re-assemble.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #4

Wow thats amazing

Old 07-04-2011, 03:00 AM   #5

Liked 378 Times on 251 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
Heh. I won a bet with a (non shooting) buddy who had seen Scent of a Woman. I told him that I could disassemble my firearm and re-assemble it blindfolded. I used a Glock 23 and did it in about 50 sseconds to disassemble and re-assemble.
Why did you use a blindfold if you're already blind

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 07-04-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Why did you use a blindfold if you're already blind
Heh.. It's BlindOldMan because "Old Man That Cannot Hit the Side of a Barn From the Inside" was too long a name.

To the original post, re-assembling a Glock from field strip can be done in less that 15 seconds. I've seen it done

Old 07-04-2011, 03:37 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

CZ82 and makarov are very easy. Just pull the front of the trigger guard down. pull the slide back, and lift it up.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5630 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDJ77 View Post
I dont know if any other guns are that simple to disassemble. Feel free to share other guns that are similar
Dont really need anything other than a screw driver for removing grips to detail strip 1911s and sig 22x series pistols.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-04-2011, 04:06 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDJ77 View Post
I dont know if any other guns are that simple to disassemble. Feel free to share other guns that are similar
Yeah, My Sigma is and it has a better grip.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #10

That's cool that you can strip it all the way down but you should get some info about those parts from someone who knows. I took the armorer's course so I could not only assemble/disassemble, but also so I could see when parts needed to be replaced. It also helps for installing your own hop up parts.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005