Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Another reason i love Glocks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/another-reason-i-love-glocks-44632/)

StanDJ77 07-02-2011 08:50 PM

Another reason i love Glocks

Hey whats up people, i found another reason why i love my glock. I never knew how to strip the frame or the slide, but was curious. I watched a couple of youtube vids.. and decided to give it a try. It was actually easier than i expected. I bought a 3/32 inch punch from the hardware store and got busy. Although my g23 is still fresh..only 200 rds:o, i wanted to be able to break down the whole gun if needed to. Now i know how, i feel a lot better:D. I dont know if any other guns are that simple to disassemble. Feel free to share other guns that are similar:cool:

Quentin 07-02-2011 09:12 PM

Congrats, Stan, you're well on your way to becoming a Glock armorer. It doesn't take much more except more experience. You are right, of all the guns I own the Glock is the simpliest to work on. I'm very happy with my G23 (and G22).

BlindOldMan 07-02-2011 11:36 PM

Heh. I won a bet with a (non shooting) buddy who had seen Scent of a Woman. I told him that I could disassemble my firearm and re-assemble it blindfolded. I used a Glock 23 and did it in about 50 sseconds to disassemble and re-assemble.

StanDJ77 07-03-2011 01:33 AM

Wow thats amazing:eek:

TheSadPanda 07-04-2011 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindOldMan (Post 533383)
Heh. I won a bet with a (non shooting) buddy who had seen Scent of a Woman. I told him that I could disassemble my firearm and re-assemble it blindfolded. I used a Glock 23 and did it in about 50 sseconds to disassemble and re-assemble.

Why did you use a blindfold if you're already blind :confused::p

BlindOldMan 07-04-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 534074)
Why did you use a blindfold if you're already blind :confused::p

Heh.. It's BlindOldMan because "Old Man That Cannot Hit the Side of a Barn From the Inside" was too long a name.

To the original post, re-assembling a Glock from field strip can be done in less that 15 seconds. I've seen it done :)

towboater 07-04-2011 04:37 AM

CZ82 and makarov are very easy. Just pull the front of the trigger guard down. pull the slide back, and lift it up.

JonM 07-04-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanDJ77 (Post 533317)
I dont know if any other guns are that simple to disassemble. Feel free to share other guns that are similar:cool:

Dont really need anything other than a screw driver for removing grips to detail strip 1911s and sig 22x series pistols.

Shihan 07-04-2011 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanDJ77 (Post 533317)
I dont know if any other guns are that simple to disassemble. Feel free to share other guns that are similar:cool:

Yeah, My Sigma is and it has a better grip.:D

Thadeuce 07-04-2011 05:36 AM

That's cool that you can strip it all the way down but you should get some info about those parts from someone who knows. I took the armorer's course so I could not only assemble/disassemble, but also so I could see when parts needed to be replaced. It also helps for installing your own hop up parts.