Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > 3rd gen or 4th gen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Man I'm so excited for you that it's your first
Firearm. My first pistol was a 1911. BEAUTIFUL. And expensive pistol, I never ever thought I would buy a glock. I bought a glock... It's the best money well spent pistol for that price... SO AWESOME!

Old 11-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I always wait a year or two for any new product glitches or manufacturing issues to be sorted out, cars, firearms, or computers. Unless you really, really want the different sized back straps, I would say stick with the proven and reliable Gen 3 Glocks.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #13

Amen 1911Jeeper.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #14

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I dont have any hands on with a gen4, but looking at them i "myself" would stay with the gen3. I dont like the little changes that they made

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #15

I have run countless thousands of win white box through my g4 17. 0 jams or mals. I have dumped about 600 into upgrades springs trigger barrel etc.. gen 4 is the way to go.

Chris

Old 11-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #16

Liked 943 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 932

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Jeeper View Post
I always wait a year or two for any new product glitches or manufacturing issues to be sorted out, cars, firearms, or computers. Unless you really, really want the different sized back straps, I would say stick with the proven and reliable Gen 3 Glocks.

Gen 4 has been out a year. And you never wait a year to buy a computer model unless you want something that's out of date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock17-4 View Post
I have run countless thousands of win white box through my g4 17. 0 jams or mals. I have dumped about 600 into upgrades springs trigger barrel etc.. gen 4 is the way to go.

Chris
I agree, no issues whatsoever with my 23Gen4. I did get the free upgrade RSA but never had a problem with the original. Also the stock extractor/ejector kicks out the casings strongly and not back into my face. My only upgrade in six months is an extended slide lock.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.