Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > 3.5 trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraj

Look up 25 cent trigger job on YouTube. Basically you polish all the stock parts to make them run smoother. Very little change in pull weight. Also if it's anything glock you can handle it, all you need is a punch
I saw that on google. Thanks for the info. I'm going to YouTube and check it out!!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #12

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

I have a Ghost in my 17. It is the drop in. It did't make the trigger pull notably smoother, still long enough to make shooting a very deliberate thing. The reset is also notably shorter, which was what I wanted it for, because I use my 17 in practical matches and the fast follow-up with less trigger travel is better for getting a quick, tight follow up shot.

I'd still consider carry with it. The initial trigger travel is long enough that I am not concerned about a Negligent discharge. If my finger is on the trigger and I'm stacking pressure, I have already made the decision to shoot. Most lawyers don't go to Glock armorer school, and wouldn't know the difference in muzzle vs breech, let alone a connector.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #13

Liked 47 Times on 37 Posts

I wouldn't be concerned with accidental discharge for a carry gun. I've carried my 21 quite a bit. I also got a lone wolf stainless steel recoil spring. It doesn't really do anything other than it may last longer than factory polymer.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

And that's what I'm looking for. Faster shooting, faster follow up, and tighter group. I'm not going to be carrying with it!

Old 05-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 192 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 618

The Ghost trigger is proven and reliable. I have installed the Ghost 3.5 trigger in my G17, G22 and G20. It is my opinion that when the trigger pull is stiff enough to pull your aim off target, it is too heavy. I like mine setup this way. Everyone should have theirs the way they prefer and not complain about other shooters pistols. To the self appointed poohbah's: If working on your trigger assembly is above your skill level---don't do it.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #16

Hell if you have the right punch or a small screwdriver you qualify as a certified glock armorer. They aren't my favorite pistols but damn are they easy to use and work with reliability.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #17

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

It's up to the individual who owns the Glock to do whatever they like with it. It's immature and rude to criticize those for trying to be helpful by advising someone regarding the safe use of their weapon. Looking for assistance, or just trying to help is why most people go onto a gun forum. No one knows everything and you're never too old to learn something new. If ignoring someone with many years of training in LE is decided then so be it.

Most accidental Glock discharges occur while holstering the weapon due to either a poor quality holster where the rim of the holster catches on to the trigger as it's being pushed down, or a trigger that's been lightened, or both. Statistics will show the vast majority of wounds are to the groin, or leg.

There are too many after market gimmicks being sold out there making lots of money for some. Not everything sold is bad, or dangerous, but I'd just suggest before anyone tampers with their trigger to think long and hard about what they're doing. Safety has always been my first concern where guns are concerned, especially with children being around. There are those who will say how great things worked out for them after fooling with the trigger. Maybe for some that's true, but maybe some of those telling you this if ever met in person would prove themselves to be morons and whatever their opinion is should be disregarded.

I carry my G27 most of the time and am confident with what I can do with it using the 5.5 lb. factory trigger. But what serves me fine might not be the case for others. Maybe a different weapon would be the better choice for some.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 05-22-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #18

My dads a sheriffs deputy and tells me the same thing when I put the trigger connector, guide rod and extended slide catch. Sometimes I think he is just jealous the department won't let him add aftermarket parts to his. 2lbs difference never gave me an AD and it shouldn't if you behave cautiously and safely. Some people just don't pay attention to their firearms.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #19
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Officially glock does not make a 3.5 lb trigger. You will be voiding your warranty if you do it.
Off the record. If you choose to do so (aknowledging that it is your choice and responsibility ) yes it is a vast improvement.
I cannot recommend you do it.
A change in trigger spring and disconnector is all that is required.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 AM   #20

Got mine on a Department trade in for $350. Not sure I ever had a warranty to begin with. But I'm happy with it.