3.5 pound trigger questions - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > 3.5 pound trigger questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

With practice you will be able to shoot the Glock from the trigger
reset position which will speed up follow up shots significantly. I've
been shooting Glocks since 1994 and have installed 3.5 connectors
in all of my pistols. Also for more speed and smoother action
I've also installed "Lightning Strike" titanium strikers and plungers.
I probably would not recomend going this far with a new Glock
shooter however when you master your pistol there are a lot of
trick out items you can purchase.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:33 AM   #12

Oh... Polish every metal to metal contact surface, including sear, trigger bar, trigger connector, firing pin block ect... It'll smooth everything up. Like someone else said, practice shooting from reset. A good way to learn is to make yourself hold the trigger to the rear after a shot, then let out to reset and press again when you're ready to shoot. Do it slow, so you don't start slapping the trigger.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2302 View Post
Sorry, there are accidental discharges. I've had them happen in rifles and shotguns. (Never a Glock though.). Most of them were mechanical failures, but still accidental.

Haven't you ever heard of a "Remington moment"?
Okay I will give you that....sorta. But I would still classify that as a "discharge due to mechanical failure". I know it is nitpicky.

The older Ruger Mk I and MkII autos had a nasty habit of going BANG if they had a round chambered and the safety was taken off. So yes, that would qualify as accidental under the "discharge due to mechanical failure or flaw". As long as you kept the thingy with the hole in the end pointed in a safe direction...you were okay. Wait, that's one of them there safety rules.

So, I will ammend my statement to 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% of the time, there is no "accidental" discharge. That being said.."Absent a mechanical failure or flaw, there is no such thing as an accicental discharge." That's what I will go with now.