26 v 36?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > 26 v 36?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default 26 v 36?

Hey all-

Looking for some wisdom on a new carry weapon. I'm looking for either a 26 or a 36, and it's solely based on size.

Does anyone carry a 36 that can give it a good review? I've heard a lot of negativity regarding the recoil management, etc. I understand that a 45 is going to put out quite a bit more than a 9mm.

I'm not so concerned with the firepower differences. I'm well aware of the ballistic differences of the two. I know that this can quickly spiral into an argument about ammunition choice rather than the original post.

Thanks!

Glock 30S
Glock 19 Gen 4
Glock 23 Gen 4
M&P 15
M&P Shield
Mossberg 500

It doesn't have to be pretty. It just has to always go bang when I pull the trigger.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well the 36 is roughly 1/4" longer and 1/2" taller with roughly the same width and 1/2" longer barrel. I'm sure you already knew all that but nonetheless... I carry a 26 for edc and to be honest it's a bit bulky. I personally wouldn't want to add any size to it.

My other reason for 26 over 36, and this is pure opinion of course, but with the recoil of a 9 I can get back on target faster. I'm a pretty firm believer that three small holes will bleed out faster than one big one. JMO hope it helps.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I am not a 9mm person. I shoot .40 and .45 for the most part. I carried a G36 for several years. The gun shot great, recoil was very manageable for its size, and the gun was very easy to conceal. I have a G27 which is the size equivalent of the G26. I feel the gun is very blocky and not as easy to conceal but...I do carry it from time to time when clothing allows. I also have the G30S, and it gets carried in place of the G27 now. I should also explain that I have nothing against 9mm other than I do not reload for that caliber. I do reload for .40 and .45 so that is the primary reason I would choose the G36.

Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #4

Trying to decide to trade my glock 19c gen 3 for a glock 36 for EDC I love the 45 ACP had a 30SF sold it just to bulky for me the gun shoot superb help me out Guys!!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #5

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwanca
Hey all-

Looking for some wisdom on a new carry weapon. I'm looking for either a 26 or a 36, and it's solely based on size.

Does anyone carry a 36 that can give it a good review? I've heard a lot of negativity regarding the recoil management, etc. I understand that a 45 is going to put out quite a bit more than a 9mm.

I'm not so concerned with the firepower differences. I'm well aware of the ballistic differences of the two. I know that this can quickly spiral into an argument about ammunition choice rather than the original post.

Thanks!
I'm a 9mm freak!! Just love the round!! Availability and fairly cheap!! Plus they double stack in a mag flawlessly!! Glock built its name on the 9mm!! For me, I carry the26 religiously!! I seldom have to worry about printing!! Shoots well and I feel protected anywhere I go!! I use the 26 as a nightstand gun for home defense, using a Glock 19 mag for more capacity!! Keeps me out of my safe, daily!! Great perk for 9mm Glock owners, the interchangeable mags, big to small of course!! I have nothing against those who swear on the 45 round!! Just a little to pricy to practice regularly for me!!

Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 358 Times on 221 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Check out the new Gock 30S.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:05 AM   #7

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've got a Glock 36 that I bought for carry and its currently my EDC gun. I find it reasonably easy to shoot, comfortable in an IWB holster and completely reliable. Personally, I think it's a fine CCW choice.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts

Just those two choices? I'd get the g26 for capacity just in case you miss a shot or two..... if i could have more choices I would at least get the midsize g17/g23 and I would pack the .40..... I do actually... a g22 so my advice is get something a little bigger you'd be amazed what a good holster can hide