2 things happened at the range

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > 2 things happened at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default 2 things happened at the range

Just got back from the range and a couple of things happened. One, i want to know why was all my shots left of the target? I had pretty nice group for a guy who doesnt get to shoot alot but all the shots were to the left. Next, i had one stovepipe with the last round of the mag. Is that the ammo or the mag? i cant remember. Its funny cause my HP's fed nice and all the FMJ's fed good up until the very last round of the last mag. I was shocked but i just karate chopped it from the ejection port and came home. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #2

Liked 1062 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Hard to say right now, it's going to take a lot more rounds. Make sure you number your mags and see if over time this reoccurs with the same mag.

Are you right or left handed?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #3

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Most of what ive read it says if you shot the left. Assumuing your right handed, your flinching when you squeeze the trigger. I will look and see if i can find the chart for you. I seen it online.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:32 AM   #4

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I would say that your shooting to the left is from slightly jerking the trigger instead of a consistant squeeze

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #5

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I googled shooting area graph and its like the fourth picture. Im at work on my phone and it wouldnt save the picture so i could post it.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Ok, thanks for the input

Old 01-14-2012, 03:59 AM   #7

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I googled shooting area graph and its like the fourth picture. I'm at work on my phone and it wouldn't save the picture so i could post it.
I'll do it for you since you ride a Sporty!
bike-sig.jpg   handgun_shooting_symptom_chart.jpg  

" Rule Number Two"

Old 01-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #8

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I agree. Next time, concentrate on your trigger pull and shooting form. If you're confident that all's well and you are still shooting left, adjust the sights. All Glocks I've ever seen has the rear sight dovetailed so you can tap it over.
As for the stove pipes, Does it happen with every mag? If so, then you might be limp wristing a bit but I don't think so because it's only the last round. If it's only with one mag, them it's the magazine. You might want to replace the mag spring.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper