The 19 can it be turned into a target shooter?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The 19 can it be turned into a target shooter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default The 19 can it be turned into a target shooter?

Just as the title says can it be turned into a target shooter? I came by one from a gun bash here in western PA and well got a gen 4 absolutely free. Was wondering if it is possible to turn these into a fine target shooter such as a lighter trigger and a match grade barrel just for starters. Btw his is my very first Glock that I have ever owned. All the rest of my guns are Rugers

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 708 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 1942

My gen 3 is pretty darn accurate out of the box, I don't see why not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
dango Likes This 
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #3

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Lonewolf makes tons of glock accessories so you can really turn it into your own
Including many different barrels
Triggers
Sights. Etc etc

Old 04-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #4

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

I don't see why not, provided you are able to supply it with ammo to eat you can probably make it as accurate as you want! Good luck.
Edit:
Couple of questions from a guy down south though. What the hell is a gun bash and where can I find one. If you can get a free Glock there I want to get my tickets now!

Last edited by FrontierTCB; 04-07-2013 at 12:40 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

A gun bash is where you buy a "lottery" ticket to win a bunch of different guns. Go to a reception hall. Eat and drink all you want and yes I mean beer buy strip tickets like you would at your local club and win guns! Come on up to PA I will take ya to a few they are a ton of fun even though I do not drink! But you need to bring some cash with you lol last one I went to they have away 15 guns for a $5 ticket with a 3 digit number just like the daily lottery. But, they go around and sell off more chances at different guns. All in all they "sold" over 120 guns in a 6 hour period was a ton of fun to be had by everyone!

Old 04-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #6

Liked 220 Times on 145 Posts

That does sound like a great time.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1195 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 496

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierTCB View Post
Couple of questions from a guy down south though. What the hell is a gun bash and where can I find one. If you can get a free Glock there I want to get my tickets now!
Just buy tickets to a NWTF, RMEF, DU, Friends of NRA, banquet and spend your money.

I won a Winchester SX2 NWTF shotgun a few years ago, it morphed into a Browning X-Bolt 308.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaylor129 View Post
Just as the title says can it be turned into a target shooter? I came by one from a gun bash here in western PA and well got a gen 4 absolutely free. Was wondering if it is possible to turn these into a fine target shooter such as a lighter trigger and a match grade barrel just for starters. Btw his is my very first Glock that I have ever owned. All the rest of my guns are Rugers
IMO, yes it can. just about any decently made pistol can be a target pistol. if you are going to make changes to enhance the accuracy or your abilities to shoot it more accurately, do one at a time. do a trigger job first and get use to that and then try out a new barrel. if you don't reload, then try different types and brands of ammo to see what is the most accurate in your pistol. try some different adjustable sights and get use to them. then my final suggestion. practice, practice and then practice some more. the more time spent pulling the trigger will make you a better pistol shooter.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

See I shoot local steel challenge here with my 22 mark iii and do pretty well was considering moving up to the small bore category with a 9 and bam won one so instead I putting more cash out thought might as well just make this one better lol now where to look lol I saw glock store and places like that what would you all suggest?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 1798 Posts
Likes Given: 18387

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaylor129 View Post
See I shoot local steel challenge here with my 22 mark iii and do pretty well was considering moving up to the small bore category with a 9 and bam won one so instead I putting more cash out thought might as well just make this one better lol now where to look lol I saw glock store and places like that what would you all suggest?
I bought a six inch match grade Bar-Sto barrel for my G-17 and it has improved distance shooting quite a bit.! Still haven,t decided on what sights to go with yet but do have very high expectations..!