Why the us military forces don't know how to use other countries weapons??? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Why the us military forces don't know how to use other countries weapons???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
and the saw and 240 are made by fn
Someone say SAW? My favorite...

Old 11-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #62

Liked 38 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
See that is ridiculous the military mindset in the senior leadership is just crazy. Everyone caters to all the whiners and pansies who would have been tossed out if "wall to wall counseling" failed, the ROE is absolutely ludicrous, the poor boots on the ground second guess every action because they are worried about getting tossed in Leavenworth for doing what they are trained to do. I'm sorry but I miss having "NCO business" time and actual corrective training that worked. Make a PVT. carry a 10 lb brick with his face drawn on it and his ID info on it and he won't lose his ID anymore, but now that is not allowed you can only counsel them and build a paper trail. I wouldn't have held my tongue lol I've seen Generals discount what XO's and Battalion Staff say and defer to a Chief on issues even when it went against damn near every other officer in the room. Chiefs kick ass I always was jealous of ours. He never went to formation and if he was specifically requested to he showed up in grease covered overalls like WTF do ya'll want he would stand off by himself not in the formation with a big ass dip in and his larger than life mustache lol him and his wife (a korean woman he married 30 years ago at Camp Stanley) owned a bar off post too.
Unfortunately it has always been so and it will be always so.How many generals good generals do you know that had started their career as private soldiers?None or just a few.Many of them just came from officers academies and colleges.And they have never spent a single day on the field by doing the "real thing"(a real combat situation). They often haven't a clue on what are private soldiers needs or what are the best tactics to win a war.I remember a guy that was used to say "I went to the officers academy and I know better than you what has to be done.You're just a ****in' private soldier!".His unit has been almost completely destroyed a week later, and he was killed in action because he led AN OPEN CHARGE AGAINST A MACHINEGUN POSITION(WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!)

Old 11-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I knew a few general officers who were mustangs my uncle was an engineer sgt in Vietnam and got a battlefield commission to 2lt then the next month 1st lt and left Vietnam as a brevet cpt he retired in early 2000s as a mg after fighting with Janet Reno lol. Plus I worked at West Point and a majority of those kids are good it's just a few that are real jackasses

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #64
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter
I knew a few general officers who were mustangs my uncle was an engineer sgt in Vietnam and got a battlefield commission to 2lt then the next month 1st lt and left Vietnam as a brevet cpt he retired in early 2000s as a mg after fighting with Janet Reno lol. Plus I worked at West Point and a majority of those kids are good it's just a few that are real jackasses
Two of my Older cousins, although both went to college, were not in "West Point",..but Did the real deed. On e ret. as AF chief of Staff in 2011, the other is still a serving 2-Star but turns 65 next year...that will make him OTD with 43 Yrs total....and he was NOT an REMF....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...