Where To Draw the Line on Guns with Friends - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Where To Draw the Line on Guns with Friends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 04:25 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddmedic View Post
The 4 Rules still apply and you should remind them.

I would not be comfortable with your friends at the range.
Totally,
Hell I go shooting with guys who are alchoholics & stoners & I trust them better than your guy!

Old 08-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #22

Yeah pretty much what everyone else said I agree with.If they can't be safe with a airsoft rifle/pistol then i'd hate to see how they act with real guns.
jidhzx7gqo9y5uh6iz0ron6go1_500.jpg  

Old 08-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wouldn't even visit the same neighborhood these 'boys' are in. If someone points any gun at me and I don't kill them right there, I guarantee they will have a very bad rest of the day.

I think of Clint Eastwood who said, "I believe in strict gun control, if there's a gun around, I want to control it."

Old 08-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Don't let anyone that you don't trust 100% touch your guns, and if they have their own guns and you don't trust them 100%, forget about reminding them of the 4 basic rules...Get the f#$k out of there and don't look back.
You don't have to stop being friends with them necessarily, but when guns are around, you're not.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #25

My opinion is if your "friends" cannot follow the "posted" rules of the facility (I would think they were supposed to sign a statement saying they read and acknowledge said rules...).....report them and have them thrown out and "barred" from the facility....it's not just your safety that is at risk but everyone else's there also.........

Old 11-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundhd View Post
My opinion is if your "friends" cannot follow the "posted" rules of the facility (I would think they were supposed to sign a statement saying they read and acknowledge said rules...).....report them and have them thrown out and "barred" from the facility....it's not just your safety that is at risk but everyone else's there also.........
Why would I want to get my friends thrown out of anywhere? I would really prefer to just go shooting alone.

BTW You sound like someone who doesn't have any friends. Maybe if you had a real friend you would know that you wouldn't want to screw over your friend? I hope you share a Happy Thanksgiving, if not with friends, maybe with your cop buddies

Last edited by billdeserthills; 11-25-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #27

If your so called "friends" put you and the people around you in danger when it comes to firearms after they have been "talked" to about it they are not your "friends" so have them thrown out........period.......same goes for riding with "friends" who ride under the influence.......those "friends" are barred from riding with us.......safety is the for most concern when it comes to firearms and riding motorcycles.............follow the rules or do it on your own.....

PS: I have a lot of friends and they still all have all their eyes, arms & legs.

Have an nice day and a "safe" holiday season at the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Why would I want to get my friends thrown out of anywhere? I would really prefer to just go shooting alone.

BTW You sound like someone who doesn't have any friends. Maybe if you had a real friend you would know that you wouldn't want to screw over your friend? I hope you share a Happy Thanksgiving, if not with friends, maybe with your cop buddies

Old 12-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #28

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm sure your friends are just irresponsible young people.

However--
I would not go shooting with them.

I would also take some extra safety precautions:

I would not let them know where your real firearms are kept.
I would not have a loaded firearm anywhere they might be.
I would lock up my firearm and my ammo.
I would put away any firearms literature (magazines, brochures, etc.)

You don't want someone finding your real firearm and handling it in some unsafe way. If I were you, I wouldn't share my firearms hobby with these people in any way. It's o.k. to have different groups of friends with different interests that don't overlap. The last thing this hobby needs is more unsafe, immature, jokers. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This thread started with a legitimate concern about a specific case, and I agree with those who saw the seriousness of the problem. However, for some it seems to have degenerated into a contest over who has better friends. Nobody is trying to stop anyone from hanging with stoners and alcoholics, either at the range or elsewhere. But, please don't think your decision will ever be accepted by thinking people or condoned in places where innocent people could be seriously injured.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:41 AM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDude View Post
I'm sure your friends are just irresponsible young people.

However--
I would not go shooting with them.

I would also take some extra safety precautions:

I would not let them know where your real firearms are kept.
I would not have a loaded firearm anywhere they might be.
I would lock up my firearm and my ammo.
I would put away any firearms literature (magazines, brochures, etc.)

You don't want someone finding your real firearm and handling it in some unsafe way. If I were you, I wouldn't share my firearms hobby with these people in any way. It's o.k. to have different groups of friends with different interests that don't overlap. The last thing this hobby needs is more unsafe, immature, jokers. Good luck!
Mostly, yes I will agree that your first duty be to protect yourself. I know from experience (*I'm sure everyone has some) that people can change. People who are my friends will not continue to make the mistake of sweeping things I value with their weapon. I lock up my property because I expect to find it right there when I look for it again, not because young people I value might steal it. Same Result, property is secured, different assumption... Of course "my" young people are 19, I don't know about yours