Where is the best place for a woman to conceal? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Where is the best place for a woman to conceal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
LOL! Intelligent discourse shouldn't tick anyone off. These examples were not her personal habits but those she had witnessed from friends and the general public. But you raise a great point: Anyone considering purse carry should evaluate their personal habits with their purse.

I read of a businessman who did not wish to sully his suit lines with a holster and gun, so chose to carry in a leather day planner-style holster. One day he left it at a restaurant after a business lunch
and a waitress opened it to identify the owner. Upon sighting the gun, police were called and the upshot of the whole thing was the businessman lost his Glock and his carry permit.

Some people may handle methods of carry others can't. Just try to be honest with yourself about your limitations and don't just accept the easiest method.
I was trying to be very careful about what I said, and how I said it. Many people get very irate when you say something about their wives, even if it's complimentary in a round about way. The problem with the written word is that you only see what I typed. You can't hear tone of voice or see my body language. That makes it even more of a minefield.

My personal preference is on my body, usually IWB with occasional OWB. Either way it's at my 4 o'clock. For my daughter this is not a viable option. She is a petite little thing working in a job where tips are a part of her salary. Needless to say, the tighter the clothes, the better the tips. The only thing she can conceal on her person is a dagger and a stun pen. Better than nothing, but not an ideal solution. Her purse is close by, and secure, but not really available in a flash. It's a mess.

It took a few days for her to get the hang of drawing with purse carry, and it does take a second or two longer than waist carry, but if she's paying attention she will hopefully have that time to ready herself. One thing she does do out of work is think and plan ahead. If she is going into a place that she feels less than secure she will swing the purse over to her right side, unzip the gun compartment, and put her hand on the weapon. She doesn't like it, but she sees the need in today's environment.

From a personal standpoint I've never considered off the body carry. It's not what I'm accustomed to, and it goes against the training we got way back when. We carried strong side, and it's stuck with me all these years, even though I haven't been a LEO for more than three decades. Carrying anywhere else is one habit you can't teach this old dog. Heck, I still carry a reload in my right front pocket.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #52

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
Well there was a thread around a few weeks ago about a woman that was arrested and they found she was concealing a loaded gun "internally" - sure hope it was not a full size desert eagle
I already posted the details earlier in this thread but no one commented on it :
Here is the best place for a woman to conceal a gun ( see link ) :
Headline : " Police arrest woman and find loaded gun hidden inside her vagina "

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4829108/police-arrest-woman-and-find-gun-inside-her-vagina.html#ixzz2OL3E4qJk

Old 03-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 977 Times on 646 Posts
Likes Given: 1258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
I already posted the details earlier in this thread but no one commented on it :

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4829108/police-arrest-woman-and-find-gun-inside-her-vagina.html#ixzz2OL3E4qJk
Crack heads are gonna be crack heads....

Become steel or get cut.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #54
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1333 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Doc,

I appreciate your sensitivity and you are correct to be careful! I just assume the best out of everything posted as I feel it's more important to get the information out. :-)

You're absolutely right; Your daughter is in a situation where there just aren't any options. It sounds like she has already pretty much evaluated her options and done her homework.

In a position like that, I really like the high-quality leather purses made by the holster makers. DeSantis, Galco, Stoner and others have some great options. The very best have a cable-reinforced strap to avoid breaking or cutting the strap as well as dedicated gun/holster space. Shop the Internet - not many LGS carry them in stock, but I do see them at the bigger gun shows

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Doc,

I appreciate your sensitivity and you are correct to be careful! I just assume the best out of everything posted as I feel it's more important to get the information out. :-)

You're absolutely right; Your daughter is in a situation where there just aren't any options. It sounds like she has already pretty much evaluated her options and done her homework.

In a position like that, I really like the high-quality leather purses made by the holster makers. DeSantis, Galco, Stoner and others have some great options. The very best have a cable-reinforced strap to avoid breaking or cutting the strap as well as dedicated gun/holster space. Shop the Internet - not many LGS carry them in stock, but I do see them at the bigger gun shows
She got hers at a local gun shop run by a husband and wife team. It does have the snatch proof strap and a holster in a side zipped compartment which is also lockable. I never figured out the lockable part unless it's to keep a kid out. A good knife will get a determined adult into it in a flash. The price was much more reasonable than what we have found on-line recently, but the purses were sitting around for some time. A lot of people just don't like the idea behind them.

For her age and the length of time she has been shooting she has a remarkably full holster box. She was willing to try almost anything out there, but nothing satisfied all her requirements, especially when any printing at all was a major concern here. We both know purse carry has some disadvantages, but at least it allows her to carry with any outfit, which to me is a huge advantage over the other choices.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #56

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

KitKat, good for you!

As for the best place to conceal your gun, that depends on what you happen to be wearing at the time. This applies to men as well.

You will probly find to keep your clothing options open, you will need to aquire a thigh holster for skirts, an ankle holster for pants, and a small of the back holster when your wear a long loose blouse.

I don't carry concealed much anymore but usually when I did I either used a small of the back holster, or in the winter I wore a ww2 fliers jacket that had a holster built into it.

The most comfortable of he concealed holsters I ever used was the small of the back kind, with any loose low hanging shirt your are good to go.

Women actually have an advantage over men, because when the dress code requires it, you can always just stuff a small Berretta .22 right in your bra without a holster. Think of where Miss Kitty kept her little derringer.

I like your choice of a revolver as a carry weapon, but don't forget a .22 in the eyeball is just as good a human stopper as anything else, so if the clothing need arrises just get a small berretta .22 and stuff that brazzier!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #57
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7172 Times on 4316 Posts
Likes Given: 8745

Quote:

Yeah. I saw that post. I chose to ignore it.
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #58
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Yeah. I saw that post. I chose to ignore it.
Funny, so did I! Ignorance is bliss - some things I just have no desire to know the details, especially with such a disturbing headline.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-31-2013, 02:45 AM   #59

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 12

One man's revulsion is another man's laughter, I guess . Does this mean I can't tell you about the man who smuggled a derringer into jail ?

Here's a vid on the Flash-Bang Holster FWIW, featuring a busty woman :

Comedian Benny Hill once told of a woman with a pair of 45s, who carried a pair of .38s to protect them .

Last edited by Rentacop; 03-31-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 AM   #60
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
One man's revulsion is another man's laughter, I guess . Does this mean I can't tell you about the man who smuggled a derringer into jail ?

Here's a vid on the Flash-Bang Holster FWIW, featuring a busty woman : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw
Comedian Benny Hill once told of a woman with a pair of 45s, who carried a pair of .38s to protect them .
Ew, ew, ew!!!!! Not listening!!!