Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Where is the best place for a woman to conceal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 239 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Here's James Yeager with serious advice on concealed carry :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pHlR67Fiww

Old 03-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #42
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

This might be a good site to check. Go to Articles, and then scroll down to Holsters.

http://www.corneredcat.com/

Old 03-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Doc,

I'm glad it works for her and I hope she never needs to pull it! My wife created a few scenarios where she did not like the idea of the purse carry, namely:

Placing a purse on a counter to pay for something and exposing the gun to others and possible theft (non-carry purse).

While filling the car with gas; both possible attack while unarmed (gun in car, in purse, owner standing outside car fueling) and possible carjack, taking purse and gun.

Various times purse is set down; trying on something, looking through racks or any number of activities that remove the purse from direct possession.

Again, purse carry obviously works for some, and is better than not carrying at all. But if you can carry on your body, it provides a more secure environment for the gun and you person carrying both. ;-)
Man, this is a hard one to answer. I really don't want to tick you off, but your wife sounds like she's pretty careless with her purse. Forgetting all about guns for a minute, consider the risk of identity theft. She's leaving personal ID and credit cards hanging out there for anyone to grab. Not good. If she's that careless about her ID and money, she is definitely not a candidate for purse carry.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #44
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1313 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

Man, this is a hard one to answer. I really don't want to tick you off, but your wife sounds like she's pretty careless with her purse. Forgetting all about guns for a minute, consider the risk of identity theft. She's leaving personal ID and credit cards hanging out there for anyone to grab. Not good. If she's that careless about her ID and money, she is definitely not a candidate for purse carry.
LOL! Intelligent discourse shouldn't tick anyone off. These examples were not her personal habits but those she had witnessed from friends and the general public. But you raise a great point: Anyone considering purse carry should evaluate their personal habits with their purse.

I read of a businessman who did not wish to sully his suit lines with a holster and gun, so chose to carry in a leather day planner-style holster. One day he left it at a restaurant after a business lunch
and a waitress opened it to identify the owner. Upon sighting the gun, police were called and the upshot of the whole thing was the businessman lost his Glock and his carry permit.

Some people may handle methods of carry others can't. Just try to be honest with yourself about your limitations and don't just accept the easiest method.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #45

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well there was a thread around a few weeks ago about a woman that was arrested and they found she was concealing a loaded gun "internally" - sure hope it was not a full size desert eagle

Old 03-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry my Nano, my s&w 642, and my Glock 19 appendix with a Remora no clip. I also carry my Nano and .38 with a flashbang with no printing. I have 2 of the compression shirts that I love carrying with, but you do need some kind of overshirt with it. I don't worry too much about printing any more. Most people would never think I am carrying a gun and if they do, who cares? I have my CHL so I am legal. I would never carry in a purse. Too easy for someone to do a snatch and grab.

Last edited by megthered; 03-24-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spell

Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #47
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6584 Times on 3600 Posts
Likes Given: 12915

I guess Chicago?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #48
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1313 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered
I carry my Nano, my s&w 642, and my Glock 19 appendix with a Remora no clip. I also carry my Nano and .38 with a flashbang with no printing. I have 2 of the compression shirts that I love carrying with, but you do need some kind of overshirt with it. I don't worry too much about printing any more. Most people would never think I am carrying a gun and if they do, who cares? I have my CHL so I am legal. I would never carry in a purse. Too easy for someone to do a snatch and grab.
Megthered,

Great collection! And good job on finding more than one carry solution. You bring up a great point about "printing." My wife and I play a game when we're out trying to spot CCW carriers. Then one time it occurred to me that the people that can usually spot someone printing are the ones that carry themself and don't care that you have a gun! The others don't pay enough attention to notice printing. As long as the gun itself doesn't become exposed, you should be in good shape. :-)

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 03-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #49

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

LOL. I don't carry them all at once, but if I lived in Chicago I might try it. Women need more options than men, we're built differently and dress differently. I have something for every occasion. I live in Ohio and we have open carry. I don't do that, but my husband does. I think it would be too tempting for someone to try to take the gun from me. And that would open up a new can of worms for them.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Check out magills.com.

They have a large variety of carry wear for both sexes and all body types.