Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Where is the best place for a woman to conceal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm no firearms instructor, or even close. But I remember what an instructor asked a woman friend of mine years ago: "Will you have your purse in your hand or securely on your shoulder all the time?" Personally I'm a believer in the idea that if you carry concealed in public, the weapon should be on your person and accessible all the time.

I read a post somewhere from a guy whose wife had acquired a concealed-carry purse specifically designed to hold a gun. He expressed some discomfort, and she told him the shoulder strap contains a steel cable that an assailant couldn't cut. My first thought was that a large, strong attacker might injure her pretty badly tearing that steel-wired purse away from her.

I don't know how you normally dress, so I can't make specific recommendations, but I think the purse idea is not a good one.

"Don't let macho be your epitaph."
---Ed Lovette

Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #12

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

kitkat, the best place to conceal a gun is at my house.

Seriously though, I agree the purse leaves something to be desired -- I'd be paranoid about my gun in anything I carry. I think the small of the back is probably better than an ankle holster which most don't like in any case.

That said, maybe you need a gun-wearing wardrobe too as you indicate -- would that be such a bad excuse to go...

...shopping!?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1708 Times on 891 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat89 View Post
What about ankle holsters? I like the behind the back holster, but when I'm not wearing a loose shirt it might be hard to conceal. It seems I might have to change my dress code to accommodate a gun lol... Lordy Lordy!
well if you want to carry 24-7, imagine that leaves the swimming pool out of the question. I only carry certain times certain places. i'm not about to change my life to fit around 24/7 carry

Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Most people, men included, have to adjust their wardrobe to accomodate a concealed weapon. A belt holster is OK for a small snubbie, but wear a loose shirt, sweater, or blouse over it. If the weather will let you get away with it, a jacket will help cover it. An ankle holster would be OK when sitting in a car, but to try to walk with an ankle holster is uncomfortable, and the bulge at the bottom of the slacks may give you away. A fanny pack may work, although it can also arouse suspiscions in people who see it. An S.O.B. (small of back) holster is OK under a loose shirt or jacket, but it makes the gun a little harder to reach.
Or you could move to an "open carry" state.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #15

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Jeez, nobody allowed this thread to degenerate into the obvious inappropriate answer to her question?

I think the 3 best places to conceal carry on a woman (assuming you wear form fitting clothes) is the purse.....the 4:00 position of your back assuming you carry a small pistol and have a fairly loose top to drape over your pants.....or...if you are endowed.....that awesome bra holster!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1708 Times on 891 Posts
Likes Given: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Jeez, nobody allowed this thread to degenerate into the obvious inappropriate answer to her question?

I think the 3 best places to conceal carry on a woman (assuming you wear form fitting clothes) is the purse.....the 4:00 position of your back assuming you carry a small pistol and have a fairly loose top to drape over your pants.....or...if you are endowed.....that awesome bra holster!
always show respect to the ladies

always show EXTRA respect to ladies who carry!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #17

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQkhttp://.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=4izM0fiz6kk
This girls does a good job of going through all the options.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #18

Liked 1643 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1094

My wife carries in her purse. I hate it. But it is better than not carrying at all. She doesnt want the flash bang. She wears form fitting clothing. She thinks it would show. I told her she could hide a Desert Eagle with one of those. She laughed but still wont buy one. My wife is well endowed in deed. It was difficult to look her in the eye while we were dating. But I did my best. LOL.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #19

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
My wife carries in her purse. I hate it. But it is better than not carrying at all. She doesnt want the flash bang. She wears form fitting clothing. She thinks it would show. I told her she could hide a Desert Eagle with one of those. She laughed but still wont buy one. My wife is well endowed in deed. It was difficult to look her in the eye while we were dating. But I did my best. LOL.
Now, I insist on pics Rick

lol jesus what is wrong with me? I am married to the woman of my dreams....happily at 30 with a beautiful kid and another on the way and the very THOUGHT of boobs still sends me into a high school frenzy.

Think about guns....think about guns....THATS NOT HELPING!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #20

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
Most people, men included, have to adjust their wardrobe to accomodate a concealed weapon. A belt holster is OK for a small snubbie, but wear a loose shirt, sweater, or blouse over it. If the weather will let you get away with it, a jacket will help cover it. An ankle holster would be OK when sitting in a car, but to try to walk with an ankle holster is uncomfortable, and the bulge at the bottom of the slacks may give you away. A fanny pack may work, although it can also arouse suspiscions in people who see it. An S.O.B. (small of back) holster is OK under a loose shirt or jacket, but it makes the gun a little harder to reach.
Or you could move to an "open carry" state.
I actually do live in an open carry state (michigan) but for me being a young lady and not very big, I feel showing that I have a gun would make me more of a target than a threat to the criminal. How easy would it be for the criminal to over power me before I even realize he is a threat. I am referring to a robbery in this situation.