What's better for training airsoft or paintball? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > What's better for training airsoft or paintball?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
What do you guys think is better to train yourself? When you play airsoft its more realistic when it come to aiming down sights and p swapping mags and stuff. But paintball seems more aggressive and puts you under more pressure to move. Also it's alot louder so it puts you under a little more stress when your being shot at . Instead a tap tap tap it's more of a blam blam blam splat splat splat. I have played paintball but stopped awhile ago and I sold all my gear. Now I'm thinking about which one to get into. What do you guys think?

What are you training for, a gunfight at the local Circle K or a dynamic combat environment? If it's the former hook up with a good tactical or self defense firearms training program, if it's the latter join the Army or Marines.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
In a real firefight not being killed is your greatest concern.

In a real firefight doing your job and supporting your teammates and killing the enemy is your greatest concern.

Last edited by 7point62; 10-12-2012 at 07:21 PM.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Depends on how ya look at it. I see supporting your teammates, and killing the enemy as a great way to keep from being killed.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 2 Posts

The closest training to a real life situation was in a basic LE academy with sim rounds. Do some research. Not saying its cheap, because it can get expensive but you use modified firearms that have specialized barrels and mags to hold the rounds and fire them. It was pretty realistic and getting shot hurt like nothing else and it felt realistic in wanting to make smart decisions and watch your six at all times. Better than air soft or paintball in my opinion

Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Depends on how ya look at it. I see supporting your teammates, and killing the enemy as a great way to keep from being killed.

My reply to your statement was a bit abrupt and I apologize. Every member of a fireteam has a task in support of the whole, a sector of fire or responsibility, a particular weapon to bring to bear, an area of domination--Team Leader, Rifleman, Automatic Rifleman, Grenadier--and this is true whether assaulting, defending, reacting to ambush, setting ambush, entering a building, room clearing, stairwell and hallway movement, breaking contact, patrols, etc. Urban, jungle, desert, mountain, whatever the terrain, you are tasked and your task is your priority. This is why we have battle drills, and this is why teamwork is stressed from the get-go; so when the SHTF the training kicks in and you are able to perform your task, support your teamates without giving too much thought to saving your own skin. Ultimately, most warfighters are motivated by not wanting to let their buddies down and that is probably the most powerful incentive to overriding fear.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #16

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Like other have said what is your main purposes for air soft or paint gun. Don't know your education and experience level if it's none to very little look for some professional classes to build on.
In the Navy I used the pain gun and sim rounds for some training exercises and I've been shot kill/wounded and some where I haven't been shot. It's a how you use the tool for training. With that type of training that is where I want to get killed a billion times and have re-dos and learn from the exercise so when it comes to the real thing I come out alive.
Nothing wrong to get a group of friends together and go hunting each other. Different tactics but also very fun.