Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > What's better for training airsoft or paintball?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Default What's better for training airsoft or paintball?

What do you guys think is better to train yourself? When you play airsoft its more realistic when it come to aiming down sights and p swapping mags and stuff. But paintball seems more aggressive and puts you under more pressure to move. Also it's alot louder so it puts you under a little more stress when your being shot at . Instead a tap tap tap it's more of a blam blam blam splat splat splat. I have played paintball but stopped awhile ago and I sold all my gear. Now I'm thinking about which one to get into. What do you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #2

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Neither. You know you're not going to die and so will be willing to take risks that you would not in a real situation. If I HAD to pick I'd say airsoft as the guns are a lot closer to the real thing in function and form. Best thing you can do IMO, is get some training from a REAL instructor and then practice over and over until what you learned becomes ingrained in your muscle memory. The problem with airsoft and paintball is that there will not be anyone to teach you proper mechanics as it is a game.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Kdub Likes This 
Old 10-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #3

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Then why not play with a tshirt or no shirt? It will hurt more so you'll be more hesitant when making decisions?

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #4

Liked 972 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Neither. You know you're not going to die and so will be willing to take risks that you would not in a real situation. If I HAD to pick I'd say airsoft as the guns are a lot closer to the real thing in function and form. Best thing you can do IMO, is get some training from a REAL instructor and then practice over and over until what you learned becomes ingrained in your muscle memory. The problem with airsoft and paintball is that there will not be anyone to teach you proper mechanics as it is a game.
this is probly the best.. get REAL training. dont try to learn from what you may think is the right way.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #5

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Then why not play with a tshirt or no shirt? It will hurt more so you'll be more hesitant when making decisions?

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

jjfuller1 Likes This 
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #6

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The military has used paintball for many years. Paintballs have a more realistic range. They hurt like hell wen fired from an M16. Another thing the military adds is proper instruction and training. The entire exercise has a purpose and there is no fun factor. A bunch of people running around in a warehouse with no command and control, no mission is not very effective.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7345 Times on 4258 Posts
Likes Given: 9463

Get training with real guns from a qualified school like Front Sight. As was said by others paintball and airsoft are games.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #8

Liked 1419 Times on 818 Posts
Likes Given: 992

Find an IDPA club in your area. No one is shooting back at you. But the other shooters will help you with your technic. Your shooting skills will improve.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1633 Times on 855 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

I wont say it wont somewhat help. But with paintball ya know ya aint gonna be killed. In a real firefight not being killed is your greatest concern.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:17 AM   #10

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Paint ball, Airsoft.........

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
JD1969 Likes This