Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Training & Safety (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/)
-   -   What's better for training airsoft or paintball? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/whats-better-training-airsoft-paintball-74091/)

beastmode986 10-10-2012 09:47 PM

What's better for training airsoft or paintball?

What do you guys think is better to train yourself? When you play airsoft its more realistic when it come to aiming down sights and p swapping mags and stuff. But paintball seems more aggressive and puts you under more pressure to move. Also it's alot louder so it puts you under a little more stress when your being shot at . Instead a tap tap tap it's more of a blam blam blam splat splat splat. I have played paintball but stopped awhile ago and I sold all my gear. Now I'm thinking about which one to get into. What do you guys think?

JD1969 10-10-2012 11:08 PM

Neither. You know you're not going to die and so will be willing to take risks that you would not in a real situation. If I HAD to pick I'd say airsoft as the guns are a lot closer to the real thing in function and form. Best thing you can do IMO, is get some training from a REAL instructor and then practice over and over until what you learned becomes ingrained in your muscle memory. The problem with airsoft and paintball is that there will not be anyone to teach you proper mechanics as it is a game.

beastmode986 10-11-2012 03:45 PM

Then why not play with a tshirt or no shirt? It will hurt more so you'll be more hesitant when making decisions?

jjfuller1 10-11-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD1969 (Post 971957)
Neither. You know you're not going to die and so will be willing to take risks that you would not in a real situation. If I HAD to pick I'd say airsoft as the guns are a lot closer to the real thing in function and form. Best thing you can do IMO, is get some training from a REAL instructor and then practice over and over until what you learned becomes ingrained in your muscle memory. The problem with airsoft and paintball is that there will not be anyone to teach you proper mechanics as it is a game.

this is probly the best.. get REAL training. dont try to learn from what you may think is the right way.

JD1969 10-11-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastmode986 (Post 972699)
Then why not play with a tshirt or no shirt? It will hurt more so you'll be more hesitant when making decisions?

Old_Crow 10-12-2012 04:01 AM

The military has used paintball for many years. Paintballs have a more realistic range. They hurt like hell wen fired from an M16. Another thing the military adds is proper instruction and training. The entire exercise has a purpose and there is no fun factor. A bunch of people running around in a warehouse with no command and control, no mission is not very effective.

Vikingdad 10-12-2012 04:11 AM

Get training with real guns from a qualified school like Front Sight. As was said by others paintball and airsoft are games.

Rick1967 10-12-2012 04:48 AM

Find an IDPA club in your area. No one is shooting back at you. But the other shooters will help you with your technic. Your shooting skills will improve.

towboater 10-12-2012 05:05 AM

I wont say it wont somewhat help. But with paintball ya know ya aint gonna be killed. In a real firefight not being killed is your greatest concern.

canebrake 10-12-2012 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Paint ball, Airsoft.........