Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > What NOT to do

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

That's right there is why they make fold down stocks, the rest is for tactical show.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7621 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

IMNSHO- about the only REAL use for a pistol gripped shotgun is where I am in a VERY tight space (driving a vehicle) or need to be able to conceal a shotgun (under a jacket). Despite the urban legends, the shot pattern from even a VERY short barrel is NOT the size of an open beach umbrella- you DO need to aim that sucker.

Yes, have fired enough that I CAN hipshoot and come pretty darned close to where I want- if I am within 25 feet of my target. at 25 yds.........

As far as the "that's gonna leave a mark"- gent who was my best man had just acquired a nice German drilling- sxs 12 g, and a 9.3x 72R rifle barrel beneath. Took to the range the first time, loaded all 3 barrels, and found the weapon had a badly worn sear- when he pulled ONE rigger, all 3 barrels fired. He was standing behind his pickup, with the tailgate down. Kicked him INTO the bed of the truck.

Last edited by c3shooter; 06-20-2009 at 04:35 PM.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #23
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5693 Times on 3341 Posts
Likes Given: 4847

I've never tried shooting left handed, but i don't think that is the correct way to do it.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #24

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

As far as the "that's gonna leave a mark"- gent who was my best man had just acquired a nice German drilling- sxs 12 g, and a 9.3x 72R rifle barrel beneath. Took to the range the first time, loaded all 3 barrels, and found the weapon had a badly worn sear- when he pulled ONE rigger, all 3 barrels fired. He was standing behind his pickup, with the tailgate down. Kicked him INTO the bed of the truck.
We need video of that. I will give you my first born child, and his/her's first born child too. Then my (your) grandchild's second born.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #25

in just new here in this forum, im shandy

[Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
It's often good to learn from the mistakes of others. See if you can spot the problem before this guy loses his front teeth

Shotgun Recoil Knocks Out Teeth*Video]

you can't shoot a pistol-grip shotgun! but it's funny hah! hahahaha

Old 06-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That weren't no shotgun.

Newest Threads