Weak Hand Draw training-Video-give feedback
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

Weak Hand Draw training-Video-give feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Weak Hand Draw training-Video-give feedback

This is a short video on weak hand draw. After watching would you give your opinions; (not me in video)

Good

Bad-why

Training Potential?

Has possibilities but needs?

Pro's or Con's

No interest

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54
This is a short video on weak hand draw. After watching would you give your opinions; (not me in video)

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5XkccKhQ4

Good

Bad-why

Training Potential?

Has possibilities but needs?

Pro's or Con's

No interest
I like it. He has good technique and I hadn't thought about that before.

I imagine its terribly uncomfortable to have his gun right there, especially while driving, but I can absolutely see the value of it.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

This will not work for me. I can't carry where he suggests.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1505 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
This will not work for me. I can't carry where he suggests.

Me neither. Here we call it strong side/support side and train with both. Please don't carry a loaded firearm aimed at your balls. Practice support-side drills, learn the right way. Think about it. Your chances of getting into a lethal gunfight are pretty miniscule. Your chances of having your strong side immobilized in a gunfight are infinitesimal.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2292 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

We would train to draw with our weak hand from our duty holster both standing and seated. It was not easy or fast, but once you mastered it you could do it without having to think about it.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1505 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
We would train to draw with our weak hand from our duty holster both standing and seated. It was not easy or fast, but once you mastered it you could do it without having to think about it.

Rog that. Practice strong side/support side drills but keep the holster where you normally wear it. Also, practice drawing and firing with either hand from a variety of positions, flat on your back, on your side, sitting in your car, etc. But this is for pros. Carry a loaded gun in your crotch is not for newbies or the average civilian gun owner.

CAR54, thanks for the PM and I've replied.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
AOK

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Appendix In Waist Band (AIWB) is a viable form of carry and has become very popular as of the last several years in the training community. Benefits include (some believe) quicker draw, easier to conceal, easier access with reaction hand and easier access when seated in your car. Draw backs in my mind include I'm not a fan of the firearm pointing at my artery - no, it doesn't really point at the boys (the key is reholstering safely), I believe it is tougher for retention should I come in contact with the threat and I'm not a fan of in-waist band carry in general. That said, again it is a viable carry position. Find out what works for you, be safe, train hard and own it.