Want to Learn how too shoot a handgun the right way - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Want to Learn how too shoot a handgun the right way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2725 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 1388

CG,

You might also check with your local police or sheriff's department and see if they have an Explorer Program. Normally these are also sometimes affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America. Which speaking of scouting depending on your age. Some of those Scouting programs have marksmanship programs. Either way the LE Explorer programs that I am familiar with have a marksmanship program as part of their curriculum. If they do, this would be a start since their firearms training staff conducts that portion of the program. Obviously the Explorers do not have their own weapon in most cases for this part of the program. So the agencies provides the professional instruction and the weapons for the Explorers to use during that period of instruction.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 AM   #12

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't know if you got the answer you were looking for but I was asked to write a couple of things up. I am not the end all be all, but I have had some LE training and post 19 and 20 kind of lays out what the basic draw and gripping techniques.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/what-do-you-do-defense-training-38447/index2.html

I hope this can give you some help.
Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #13

This guy has a free video series on this page. Drawing, shooting videos start on page two or three of his articles. The articles are videos. May be helpful to some. I enjoyed them.

Lee Laster | eHow.com

His Bio:
Lee Laster lives in Western Massachusetts & works in the public safety sector. He has been a state certified firearms instructor for the past 6 years. He is also co-founder of Upperhand Home Defense Options & Consultants, a civilian/law enforcement-based training company he & his partner started in 2006.