Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Utilizing a blade along with a sidearm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderfan View Post
Well it depends if you are talking about a folder or a fixed blade if it is a folder you better be really good at deploying it or your knife better be waved I'll talke take the second option you knife needs alot of reach too.
I no longer carry a folding knife for defensive purposes. I do not believe one could be employed effectively in majority of likely circumstances in which I would not have a better weapon.

Last edited by Squirrel; 07-29-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
Blades are very unreliable, if you don"t have a gun they might be an option but to carry one is illegal in most states, although seldom enforcement happens.

plus pulling a knife, gives your opponent the right defend himself and to shoot you
Not if he is the aggressor or committing a felony. That is why a burglar can never claim self-defense unless he is fleeing the property and was pursued resulting in his needing to preserve himself from lethal force. A knife is lethal force and should be treated as such. If you only use to prevent your death or serious injury you are within your rights unless you were doing something pretty awful to begin with.

Last edited by Squirrel; 07-29-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: clarification