US Ranger:Bad Training?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety >

US Ranger:Bad Training?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default US Ranger:Bad Training?

Today a friend of mine sent me the link of a Deadliest Warrior episode.The video was about the comparision between the type 68 (AKM) and the M4.I paid much more attention to the tecnique used by the two shooters.The tecnique adopted by the North Korean guy was almost perfect. The US Ranger did it very bad and in a almost completely wrong way.
The video is here:

As you can see, these are the most evident mistakes made by the US Ranger:

ROOM 1
1)Exposing himself too much and spending too much time to aim.The ranger shot 4 rounds, 2 in the chest(CORRECT!He was aiming to the center of the mass) 2 in the head(WRONG!He was wasting time and ammo.In a real life situation, the target would have fallen backward(shot in the chest) and there would be no time to hit it in the head).
Possible scenario result:KIA!There were two suspects,One would be killed almost instantly by the ranger but the other one would have enough time to shot back and kill the ranger because he had no cover.
2)Entering the room before clearing it completely(since it was more than possible to do it(both suspect were visible).He exposed himself, enabled the safety and entered the room (By jumping through the window) where an armed suspect would have enough time to shot him several times.
Possible scenario result:KIA!No fireback capability(Safety on), No exit Strategy.No time to react effectively.
ROOM 2
1)He entered the room by exposing himself to much.There were two targets.One was "looking" directly at the door behind a desk, the second one was in the corner of the room.The ranger engaged the target in the corner first, walking towards it without any cover.
Possible scenario result:KIA!The correct procedure when you're in a solo-action, is to minimize the amount of time spent by being exposed to counter-fire.He should neutralize the target behind the desk first and lean (lean right) into the room and kill the target in the corner(This is what we call "tactical sequence" in my country).In this way, he would have some cover and would have neutralized both targets in a quick and efficient way.
ROOM 3
Same as for ROOM 2.No cover, neither a partial one.In this case things are slightly different.There are two targets, one is laying on the bed unarmed, the second one is standing and looking in the opposite direction.I would kill the standing target first and then kill the laying one.

What is your opinion?US ranger are elite units.Shouldn't they do much better than this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4381 Times on 2960 Posts
Likes Given: 2193

It wasn't a North Korean guy bro. The rifle was.

Other than that, interesting! What's with the Finnish subtitles?
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 05-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

The difference in Calipars showed the destruction.

As far as the finished subtitles, the Ranger in the video was given alot of credit and they were not graded on cover and so on, his grouping was good and I thought he did rather well.

I know I won't go against him .

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #4

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Our soldiers are poorly trained. Some North Korean in a propaganda video can wipe out our entire army by himself. This can be nothing but a propaganda video because American soldiers have never trained side by side with Noth Korean soldiers.

Yet in modern warfare our planes have taken out our enemies at a rate of 4 to 1. Our soldiers have killed their enemies at a rate of at least 7 to 1.

Last edited by John_Deer; 05-08-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Our soldiers are poorly trained. Some North Korean in a propaganda video can wipe out our entire army by himself. This can be nothing but a propaganda video because American soldiers have never trained side by side with Noth Korean soldiers.

Yet in modern warfare our planes have taken out our enemies at a rate of 4 to 1. Our soldiers have killed their enemies at a rate of at least 7 to 1.

WTF......okay

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1505 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 1134

This is a TV show meant to appeal to teenage boys and wannabes. You're trying to break down and analyze the quality of Ranger training (Battle Drill 5: Enter Building/Clear Room) based on a show that pits Apache vs Gladiator and Jesse James vs Al Capone.

Take time to research real US Army Ranger training. The guys that get that tab have earned it the hard way. I've known many of them, I even humped a few courses with them. They kick ass.

Last edited by 7point62; 05-09-2014 at 07:56 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

the show is bullspit. If they wanted accuracy they should have put a real squad of Active Duty US Army Rangers against A real squad of North Korean Commandos. Instead they got a SOUTH KOREAN expert on North Korea(How do you become an expert in the most secretive regime on earth) and a Green Beret(Who is not a Ranger) who use different tactics than Rangers.
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
This is a TV show meant to appeal to teenage boys and wannabes. You're trying to break down and analyze the quality of Ranger training (specifically Battle Drill 5: Enter Building/Clear Room) based on a show that pits Apache vs Gladiator, Spartan vs Ninja and Jesse James vs Al Capone.

Take time to research real US Army Ranger training. The guys that get that tab have earned it the hard way. I've known many of them, I even humped a few courses with them. They kick ass.
Hey man....I've trained with a couple if them in Serbia, that's why I'm disappointed about this video.The guys that I know are badass as hell and wouldn't make the same mistakes-I can assure you 100%

Last edited by MCalig; 05-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10748 Times on 4650 Posts
Likes Given: 1755

Clear a room? No problem.

Hand me the frags.

What do you mean there is another way?????
People Like This 
Closed Thread