unstable neighbor with a grudge against me - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > unstable neighbor with a grudge against me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #21
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8448 Times on 5050 Posts
Likes Given: 11007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingplatoscomphycave View Post
that seems a little immoral i know if i found out someone was monitering my calls theyd have somthing else coming
I always have it in the back of my mind that someone can moniter a cordless or cell phone call and always talk knowing that. When my children were little the baby monitor I had would pick up other baby monitors in the neighborhood. It was kind of weird to hear people talking in their home several houses away.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Default All is fair in love & war...

As that bozo was likely intent on killing my best friend that night! He loved to
throw rocks at him to try & hit him thru the gaps in my cedar fence...& I
installed 1.5 " boards to protect him (Goober) after that! I soon found out
thru an leo contact that he was a convicted felon & not to be trusted!
Thank goodness he died soon afterward from the lack of his meds & not from
my sidearm!

Old 09-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #23

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
that seems a little immoral i know if i found out someone was monitering my calls theyd have somthing else coming
It's not me monitoring their calls. I use my computer to watch streaming video and like to use a wireless headset. Any way I can cut down the massive amount of wires behind my desk the better. With 6 external hard drives, two monitors, 2 sets of 2.1 speakers, HDMI out to my TV, and all the normal things like mouse and keyboard I'll take a wireless peripheral any time. The thing is I'll be watching a show or something and all of a sudden I get something coming in besides the show. It was not a conscious effort. I jujst said it is a lot easier than one might think. If you use any type of wireless device like a cell or home phone it can be picked up pretty easily.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10268 Times on 4428 Posts
Likes Given: 1628

neighbor.gif

How do you deal with a problem neigbor? Why, thoroughly, of course.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #25

Liked 365 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
It's not me monitoring their calls. I use my computer to watch streaming video and like to use a wireless headset. Any way I can cut down the massive amount of wires behind my desk the better. With 6 external hard drives, two monitors, 2 sets of 2.1 speakers, HDMI out to my TV, and all the normal things like mouse and keyboard I'll take a wireless peripheral any time. The thing is I'll be watching a show or something and all of a sudden I get something coming in besides the show. It was not a conscious effort. I jujst said it is a lot easier than one might think. If you use any type of wireless device like a cell or home phone it can be picked up pretty easily.
I'd have near the same thing happen with the neighbors next door at the house I lived in before I moved here. I'd occasionally pick up their conversations on my cordless phone and visa versa. Just had to push that channel button on the handset a few times to clear the RF cross talk.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #26

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
well he seems to not be retaliating (my gaurd isnt down though) but ive been cArrying a waxwood cane whenever i go for a walk because thats pretty much the only thing i can carry in CA and im keeping an eye on him. i made a report that he threatened me so hopefully i will live to see my thirtys
The cane is a good idea but not the only choice. California allows the carry of a Taser. Pricey but next best to a sidearm IMO.

C2 Taser Gun

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 09-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #27

Default Wacky Neighbor.....

If the threat is that bad get a restraint against him. I hate to see anyone lose their CCP or guns because of an A-Hole ! That should be your last resort if he attacks you or comes at you with a knife. As soon as the knife comes out, put one in his kneecap. If he keeps on coming after that, the head or torso will do fine !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 417 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
If the threat is that bad get a restraint against him. I hate to see anyone lose their CCP or guns because of an A-Hole ! That should be your last resort if he attacks you or comes at you with a knife. As soon as the knife comes out, put one in his kneecap. If he keeps on coming after that, the head or torso will do fine !
No. Center mass always. The second you start aiming for specific body parts is the second you open yourself up to civil suits.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #29

Default You got a Point !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
No. Center mass always. The second you start aiming for specific body parts is the second you open yourself up to civil suits.
This is true, your pretty much screwed no matter what you do.
A cop once told me if you shoot someone in self defense, make sure you kill them. If they are dead, they can't testify against you in court !
The old, "Dead men tell no tales" policy.

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 09-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFighter69 View Post
This is true, your pretty much screwed no matter what you do.
A cop once told me if you shoot someone in self defense, make sure you kill them. If they are dead, they can't testify against you in court !
The old, "Dead men tell no tales" policy.

Make sure the corpse has a weapon .. If you are claiming you shot in self defense, you better be able to prove it.