unstable neighbor with a grudge against me
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > unstable neighbor with a grudge against me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default unstable neighbor with a grudge against me

So last week i called the police on my neighbor whom i witnessed beating his girlfriend and now he has made threats of *taking me down with him* and he has been known to pull knives on people i was wondering what i should do to ensure i dont get cut or any legal actions or safety precautions i cant take to ensure me and my familys safety

"Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them."

don't wish for a lesser burden, just a stronger back

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

#1 Always watch your six. Situational awareness at all times is key to protecting yourself. Dont let him in your personal area/bubble. Keep him at at least an arms length to give you time to react. Above all else avoidance is the best option.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:52 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Are you in California?

If so, carry a ball bat and always have a ball and glove to go with it!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 AM   #4
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

If you have a CCWP, then you already know what to do. In Kali, the threat might even be enough to get you demonstrable cause for a CCWP.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Are you in California?

If so, carry a ball bat and always have a ball and glove to go with it!
Sounds like a plan to me! If you have a PC and a small web cam put it at your window, he'll try to vandalize, that is how low life start to vent, you'll have a proof after the fact.
Use web cam xp , it'll record any suspicious movement.

I use it on my windows and check when i get home, the program upload pics to a web server, so even if everything gets destroyed you'll know who did it

Keep a loaded tool next to you while you sleep, discuss a plan of action with your family, even with your kids, there has to be a fort or rallying point, maybe behind your bed. Good luck there are enough idiots out there to make my guts churn!

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5684 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingplatoscomphycave View Post
So last week i called the police on my neighbor whom i witnessed beating his girlfriend and now he has made threats of *taking me down with him* and he has been known to pull knives on people i was wondering what i should do to ensure i dont get cut or any legal actions or safety precautions i cant take to ensure me and my familys safety
call the police again and make a report about the threat to "take you down with him". that way if you have to defend yourself there is a record of his persistant threats. pretty much every threat he issues should be recorded in a police report for future prosecutorial insurance. in todays world of office killings you have to remind the cops of this sort of thing and take it very serious.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Most courthouse websites have a public record section. Look him up and see what all he's been to court for, then you will know what you are dealing with. You will also see if there are outstanding warrants for his arrest, which you could act on with a phone call.

Most men who beat on women usually won't mess with a man other than with mouth noises. But since you never know, have something on you at all times in case you need to protect yourself. Even a can of pepper spray that will spray 30 feet is better than nothing. Me living in Kansas, I usually don't leave the house without some type of firearm or two since we have the castle law and I have my CCW. I have a crazy neighbor that calls the sheriff if I am shooting skeet in the yard and tells them I am trying to sniper her. Every time they show up, I tell them, if I was trying to sniper her, I'd have hit her by now.

I really feel bad for the girlfriend with someone like that. Sometimes that is a hard thing to escape from. Every time I heard voices raised over there, I'd call the police.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavingplatoscomphycave View Post
In Texas, that could be considered retaliation because you are a witness to the assault on his girlfriend. I don't know about Cali laws. Contact your local LEOs and report it.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 09-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default /

The first step I would take is to see an attorney have him seek a restraining order against the moron in your behalf. If you are able to obtain one and he violates it you have him by the short hairs. Even the fact that you had applied for one would give you the upper hand in a court of law if you were forced to perform an act of violence to defend yourself and your family.

Do not confront him; let him bring his crap to you. The more he does the stronger your position becomes.

Yes in most cases men who routinely beat women are cowardly in dealing with men but please remember they all suffer from emotional problems and no one can safely predict what they might do. Quit a number of them are nothing more than bombs waiting to go off so above all be extremely careful until there is a permanent solution to your problem.

A little aside. At one time I was having problems with one idiot and it got to the point that I told that if he didn’t stay the hell away form me I was going to blow his stupid head off. His retort was that I would end up in prison if I shot him. All I did was laugh in his face and say that eventually I would get out but there was no way in hell he could ever get out of his hole in the ground. That was the last I ever saw him.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #10

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
call the police again and make a report about the threat to "take you down with him". that way if you have to defend yourself there is a record of his persistent threats. pretty much every threat he issues should be recorded in a police report for future prosecutorial insurance. in todays world of office killings you have to remind the cops of this sort of thing and take it very serious.
Absolutely. I hate the idea of anyone snitching on someone but sometimes ou have no choice in order to cover your own arss. Make 100% sure that it is documented several times. If you have to go Mid-evil on his ass having that will cut the questions and speculation in half.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington