Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Tueller Establishes NO Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Forget the yardstick.
That video is CRAZY! Worst tactics I have seen in awhile, but it's still amazing how fast that guy made hack and slash work of several of those cops.

Every person that carries a gun should watch that video and realize how fast a human being can close distance and do damage.

If you are going to carry, you had better be ready to get to it and use it.

JD

Old 09-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

No.

If they're across a football field, with no one in their way, it's going to be pretty hard to justify that...

Old 09-23-2008, 12:07 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Realistically, what are the chances some guy a football field away is going to start a running charge with a knife toward you?

There's alot of "what if's" here. If the guy is a football length away, you can get to a safer place (i.e. car, home, office building, etc..) before he reaches you. Or you can stand there and take your time drawing your weapon which would be a breach of concealed carry fundementals (if there's another way out of the situation besiade drawing your weapon, do it).

If the guy is close to you, don't waste time. Draw and present your weapon. Presenting your weapon is not against the law. He is presenting deadly forces to you with his knife, you are defending yourself, and presenting deadly forces to him with your firearm. If that doesn't faze him, shoot to kill.

Of course, I live in Montana, and our gun laws are pretty good here. Damn near everyone if carrying a piece here...lol.

Some other states may have some weird engagement laws, so maybe I'm wrong depending on the state. If so, then my apologies.