Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Training Suggestion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Training Suggestion

Hey everybody,
well this is my first post and i wanted to share some info that i carry on:
So i heard ones that there are some training courses that ex Israeli military
men give to civilians and security companies, i got interested in that so i googeled it and i found some phones and sites that include some tactical gun shooting and some krav-maga(an israeli military martial art) training so i suggested some of those sites to a friend of mine that works at a certain security company, he took one of those courses that took only 1 month and he told me that its amazing the stuff that he learned from the course.
He also told me something that i didnt know, he told me that the USMC before going to Iraq took some training in Israel that included some of the stuff he learned (well i guess if they took some it has to be good ).

I hope this info was helpful,
Tony.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Uh. Bro. Could you be a little LESS vague?? We aren't exchanging nuclear secrets here.

Lots of companies train civilians. We have a member here named Rob Pincus from I.C.E. who has trained, and trained with, everyone from LAPD SWAT, up through FBI HRT and even overseas in England, Germany, all over.

What company did your friend attend? Was it expensive? A month's training can not be cheap. I know what a few hours cost at Valhalla and Thunder Ridge, so I imagine 30 days, with room and board, is something that would be outside the realm of most of the folks here.

Krav Maga is taught all over the US and is indeed a very good hand to hand martial art. Taking 30 days of it isn't going to get you ready for the UFC, but it is very effective. We have several members here who study it.

As for the USMC. Well, the Israeli's have been fighting, and winning, wars in the sandbox for a LONG time. To NOT include some of their tactics if you were planning any desert operation would be suicidal and stupid. Neither of which can be applied to the good men and women of the USMC.

JD

Old 12-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Uh. Bro. Could you be a little LESS vague?? We aren't exchanging nuclear secrets here.

Lots of companies train civilians. We have a member here named Rob Pincus from I.C.E. who has trained, and trained with, everyone from LAPD SWAT, up through FBI HRT and even overseas in England, Germany, all over.

What company did your friend attend? Was it expensive? A month's training can not be cheap. I know what a few hours cost at Valhalla and Thunder Ridge, so I imagine 30 days, with room and board, is something that would be outside the realm of most of the folks here.

Krav Maga is taught all over the US and is indeed a very good hand to hand martial art. Taking 30 days of it isn't going to get you ready for the UFC, but it is very effective. We have several members here who study it.

As for the USMC. Well, the Israeli's have been fighting, and winning, wars in the sandbox for a LONG time. To NOT include some of their tactics if you were planning any desert operation would be suicidal and stupid. Neither of which can be applied to the good men and women of the USMC.

JD
+1 what JD said.

Welcome to the boards, btw. We aren't militants here, just bad mother effers always looking to improve our skills and tactics. None of us know everything, and most of us are all about learning something new.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Thanks for the info. Please be a bit more specific, as some of us are old dogs, but we like to learn new tricks.

BTW, when you have a chance, head over to the New Member Introductions and introduce yourself to the gang. In the meantime, welcome here.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #5

Quote:

JD
Thanks everybody for your opinions and i see that some of you will like to know some info about the course that my friend took.
well i will ask him the next time i talk to him and i dont know when that will be because he works in Guatemala :/

ohh and JD i appreciate your opinion and i agree with MOST of it but not all because i dont know where did u got your info about the wars/fights of the israeli army but you are wrong bro, the latest fight that the israeli army had was against the Hamas in the Gaza Strip and the israeli army had only 20+ casualties and the Hamas had over 1k so i dont think taking suggestions from the israeli army is suicidal or stupid.

Here are some pics that i found of the marines training in israel:

Old 12-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I think you misunderstood what JD said. He said to NOT include Israel's tactics and training....

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:

JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyexe View Post

ohh and JD i appreciate your opinion and i agree with MOST of it but not all because i dont know where did u got your info about the wars/fights of the israeli army but you are wrong bro, the latest fight that the israeli army had was against the Hamas in the Gaza Strip and the israeli army had only 20+ casualties and the Hamas had over 1k so i dont think taking suggestions from the israeli army is suicidal or stupid.

The Interwebz is Sirius Bidness Yo....

Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

The Interwebz is Sirius Bidness Yo....
Fo shizzle...

Old 12-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #9

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Fo shizzle...
Word !!!!!

Old 12-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #10

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyexe View Post
he told me that the USMC before going to Iraq took some training in Israel that included some of the stuff he learned (well i guess if they took some it has to be good ).

I hope this info was helpful,
Tony.
Hi Tony,
There are plenty of Israeli boys coming here to learn a few things from our guys too. Cross training is common and a great way to exchange ideas, methods and tactics amongst friendlies.

Training is the differentiator between the folks who buy and gun and think they are Ok and the folks who know better. Like Col. Jeff Cooper said "Owning a gun doesn't make you a shooter any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician". I prefer one-on-one training because when you don't have to travel at the speed of the lowest common denominator you can cover a LOT more ground. Also the training can be tailored to the student which can't be done in a group setting.

Our biggest problem nowadays is selecting a training venue. There are so many good ones (and unfurtunately some REALLY bad ones) out there that it can get overwhelming.

Before embarking into a 1 month training program a shooter needs to get their fundamentals solid or the whole thing will turnt into forking over lots of money for very little learning and frustrating good trainers...