Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Training outside of range?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
While I am certainly not trying to stir the pot... I just have to say "wow," nice real world example of IGETEVEN's insistence in that Governor thread that a smaller caliber round would indeed penetrate far enough to stop a BG in his tracks... Very impressive shot placement.

Of particular note is that the ONE SHOT was obviously from an oblique angle, and NOT from a direct full-frontal attack, because the affected organs were the RIGHT lung and the HEART.

IMHO, I don't see any way (other than a magic bullet ) for a bullet to travel from the right lung into the heart while the BG is in a squared off position to the shooter.

This scenario would make a good "Hollywood movie" scene where one shot drops the BG in his tracks with a smaller caliber handgun.

armsmaster270, kudos on stopping the BG with a single shot!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

There's every advantage for staying in shape--in anything you do--and none for not staying in shape.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
While I am certainly not trying to stir the pot... I just have to say "wow," nice real world example of IGETEVEN's insistence in that Governor thread that a smaller caliber round would indeed penetrate far enough to stop a BG in his tracks... Very impressive shot placement.

Of particular note is that the ONE SHOT was obviously from an oblique angle, and NOT from a direct full-frontal attack, because the affected organs were the RIGHT lung and the HEART.

IMHO, I don't see any way (other than a magic bullet ) for a bullet to travel from the right lung into the heart while the BG is in a squared off position to the shooter.

This scenario would make a good "Hollywood movie" scene where one shot drops the BG in his tracks with a smaller caliber handgun.

armsmaster270, kudos on stopping the BG with a single shot!
Hahaha!

1) Only to the simplest minds does a single example speak for millions of events.

2) This invalidates nothing I put forth.

But like I say; Ignorance is bliss, and people will ultimately choose to believe whatever the hell they want to believe.

Some people just want to believe some things, and will happily ignore logical counterexamples teabagging them right in the forehead.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #14

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Hahaha!

1) Only to the simplest minds does a single example speak for millions of events.

But like I say; Ignorance is bliss, and people will ultimately choose to believe whatever the hell they want to believe.

Some people just want to believe some things, and will happily ignore logical counterexamples teabagging them right in the forehead.
All I can say is I rarely see someone so intent on insulting everyone that does not agree with everything they post. We're obviously way to ignorant and should not even be allowed to share the interwebz with someone as omnipotent as yourself. Your class and eloquence is really demonstrated by the "teabagging" remark...

Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just agree to disagree. Valid points are made on both sides. Only a fool takes a hard stance to something he no experience or knowledge of. No need to fight about this.

There is no banning offense here.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #16

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Hahaha!

I believe that your stay here on this forum will be short lived due to your behavior, ignorance and lack of respect to forum members here.

I did not need any FBI statistics to determine that conclusion.

Ineffable your a fool.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #17

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
All I can say is I rarely see someone so intent on insulting everyone that does not agree with everything they post. We're obviously way to ignorant and should not even be allowed to share the interwebz with someone as omnipotent as yourself. Your class and eloquence is really demonstrated by the "teabagging" remark...
Well said, NGIB. Thumbs up!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The reason for the angle is that the perp was charging me with the knife in a bent over attitude actively trying to reach & stick me with his knife when he was shot.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Okay. Can everyone take a breath here for a moment?

Lindenwood, your argument has been stated but in researching your posts I have found a few examples of personal attacks, tea bagging being latest. Time out time.

Jack, NGIB, the ignore feature works wonders and you guys know better than to keep running arguments from thread to thread. That is not like you.

Agree to disagree, or confine your argument to facts and leave all insults, veiled through clever or sarcastic comment or outright disrespect out of it.

Enough of this crap!

Seriously, it's almost summer. Halter tops, summer dresses, and plenty of sunny range days await!!

JD

Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #20

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Point made; however, us military folks have a habit of coming to the defense of our brethren - especially a distinguished combat veteran...