Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Training outside of range?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IGETEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tornado \"Just Blow Me\" Alley,Oklahoma U.S.A.
Posts: 8,424
Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
While I am certainly not trying to stir the pot... I just have to say "wow," nice real world example of IGETEVEN's insistence in that Governor thread that a smaller caliber round would indeed penetrate far enough to stop a BG in his tracks... Very impressive shot placement.

Of particular note is that the ONE SHOT was obviously from an oblique angle, and NOT from a direct full-frontal attack, because the affected organs were the RIGHT lung and the HEART.

IMHO, I don't see any way (other than a magic bullet ) for a bullet to travel from the right lung into the heart while the BG is in a squared off position to the shooter.

This scenario would make a good "Hollywood movie" scene where one shot drops the BG in his tracks with a smaller caliber handgun.

armsmaster270, kudos on stopping the BG with a single shot!


__________________
Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
IGETEVEN is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #12
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 2,030
Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Default

There's every advantage for staying in shape--in anything you do--and none for not staying in shape.



__________________
Marines, Infantry
145th Airlift Wing, NCANG
NRA Life


Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
7point62 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 659
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
While I am certainly not trying to stir the pot... I just have to say "wow," nice real world example of IGETEVEN's insistence in that Governor thread that a smaller caliber round would indeed penetrate far enough to stop a BG in his tracks... Very impressive shot placement.

Of particular note is that the ONE SHOT was obviously from an oblique angle, and NOT from a direct full-frontal attack, because the affected organs were the RIGHT lung and the HEART.

IMHO, I don't see any way (other than a magic bullet ) for a bullet to travel from the right lung into the heart while the BG is in a squared off position to the shooter.

This scenario would make a good "Hollywood movie" scene where one shot drops the BG in his tracks with a smaller caliber handgun.

armsmaster270, kudos on stopping the BG with a single shot!
Hahaha!

1) Only to the simplest minds does a single example speak for millions of events.

2) This invalidates nothing I put forth.


But like I say; Ignorance is bliss, and people will ultimately choose to believe whatever the hell they want to believe.

Some people just want to believe some things, and will happily ignore logical counterexamples teabagging them right in the forehead.
__________________
Lindenwood is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,152
Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Hahaha!

1) Only to the simplest minds does a single example speak for millions of events.

2) This invalidates nothing I put forth.


But like I say; Ignorance is bliss, and people will ultimately choose to believe whatever the hell they want to believe.

Some people just want to believe some things, and will happily ignore logical counterexamples teabagging them right in the forehead.
All I can say is I rarely see someone so intent on insulting everyone that does not agree with everything they post. We're obviously way to ignorant and should not even be allowed to share the interwebz with someone as omnipotent as yourself. Your class and eloquence is really demonstrated by the "teabagging" remark...
__________________
NGIB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,437
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Just agree to disagree. Valid points are made on both sides. Only a fool takes a hard stance to something he no experience or knowledge of. No need to fight about this.

There is no banning offense here.

__________________
user4 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IGETEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tornado \"Just Blow Me\" Alley,Oklahoma U.S.A.
Posts: 8,424
Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindenwood View Post
Hahaha!

1) Only to the simplest minds does a single example speak for millions of events.

2) This invalidates nothing I put forth.


But like I say; Ignorance is bliss, and people will ultimately choose to believe whatever the hell they want to believe.

Some people just want to believe some things, and will happily ignore logical counterexamples teabagging them right in the forehead.
I believe that your stay here on this forum will be short lived due to your behavior, ignorance and lack of respect to forum members here.

I did not need any FBI statistics to determine that conclusion.




Ineffable your a fool.
__________________
Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
IGETEVEN is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
All I can say is I rarely see someone so intent on insulting everyone that does not agree with everything they post. We're obviously way to ignorant and should not even be allowed to share the interwebz with someone as omnipotent as yourself. Your class and eloquence is really demonstrated by the "teabagging" remark...
Well said, NGIB. Thumbs up!
__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
armsmaster270's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento,CA
Posts: 751
Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

The reason for the angle is that the perp was charging me with the knife in a bent over attitude actively trying to reach & stick me with his knife when he was shot.

__________________
https://sites.google.com/a/armsmaster.net/www/
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff207/armsmaster270/

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.
armsmaster270 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Okay. Can everyone take a breath here for a moment?

Lindenwood, your argument has been stated but in researching your posts I have found a few examples of personal attacks, tea bagging being latest. Time out time.

Jack, NGIB, the ignore feature works wonders and you guys know better than to keep running arguments from thread to thread. That is not like you.

Agree to disagree, or confine your argument to facts and leave all insults, veiled through clever or sarcastic comment or outright disrespect out of it.

Enough of this crap!

Seriously, it's almost summer. Halter tops, summer dresses, and plenty of sunny range days await!!

JD

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,152
Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Point made; however, us military folks have a habit of coming to the defense of our brethren - especially a distinguished combat veteran...



__________________
NGIB is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Central NJ Training and Range question NS514 Training & Safety 11 11-30-2010 04:06 AM
NJ Newest Range - HarborSite Shooting Sports and Training Center SteveSweet Range Report 0 04-02-2010 06:17 PM
long range training???? huckleberry Training & Safety 3 02-22-2008 05:08 PM
Long Range Training Jon Weiler Training & Safety 1 08-03-2007 01:18 AM