Training the Newb's!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Training the Newb's!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Default Training the Newb's!

Well fellow FTF members, it's THAT time again!

As our Gun Salesman and Chief is going about his business of emptying gun racks with scare tactics that drive first time buyers to there local FFL, we recognize the need to spend a bit less time blogging...and a bit more time at the range teaching our new brethren how to safely end effectively operate there new purchases.

I had a phone call just this morning from a close friend and ammature shooter who wanted to know what ACP stood for?

You see, one of his friends purchased a 1911 over the weekend but when he got to the range he realized that the .45 ammo his FFL had sold him did NOT fit in his magazine... the story is second hand info to me so I'm not going to name the FFL...but...

...we are all about to see a whole lot of this. Folks who don't know the difference between .45 ACP and .45 Long Colt, folks who think ALL 9 mm's are created equal, and folks who've never heard terms like "flagging" or "squib round" and who have never been taught the golden rules of gun safety.

It's incumbent upon us experienced shooter, veterans, and LEO's to spend some off days up at our local ranges to watch, assist, and advise as needed.

And by all means...if you know a NEW gun owner, please offer to take them to the range and train them properly.

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #2

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Long & teadious task--
I once bought a Colt 1911 in 38super for $50 cause the dummie said his 38spl wouldn't work in it -
No, i didn't like the idiot--

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #3

Liked 4788 Times on 2316 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Long & teadious task--
I once bought a Colt 1911 in 38super for $50 cause the dummie said his 38spl wouldn't work in it -
No, i didn't like the idiot--
Nice...with all the recent first time buyers I think any of us who look should finds lot of similar deals...

Tack

Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #4

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Nice...with all the recent first time buyers I think any of us who look should finds lot of similar deals...

Tack
That was 25yrs ago-
Still looking for the next

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET