Training involves firearms security

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Training & Safety > Training involves firearms security

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2781 Times on 1611 Posts
Likes Given: 1210

Default Training involves firearms security

Don't let your firearm get stolen:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/04/17181482-assault-rifle-stolen-from-san-francisco-cop-car?lite

"The high-powered weapon is distributed to trained police officers so that it is at hand for rapid deployment during high-risk events, Esparza said."

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3860 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Wow, an AR 15 is now a high powered assault rifle. Geez!!!

Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If it is issued to "trained police officers", I wonder how things are with the "untrained police officer"?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3860 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

"The AR-15 assault rifle was the weapon used in last year's movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo."

Really, the same one. That gun gets around. This writer is ignorant and the editor needs to pay attention.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1093 Posts
Likes Given: 885

Those who control the narrative control the argument! That is why I stress to ALL not to be lured into 'talking their language'!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #6

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Those who control the narrative control the argument! That is why I stress to ALL not to be lured into 'talking their language'!
Yup, just like when the media shows a clip of someone shooting a fully automatic machine gun and says "assault weapons like this were used in every mass shooting in the past 5 years, we need to ban these guns now!"

ah...no. I'm willing to bet that it's been years, maybe even DECADES since a fully automatic weapon was used in the commission of a crime here in the US... unless the mexican drug cartels have engaged in shootouts with police recently?

Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Yup, just like when the media shows a clip of someone shooting a fully automatic machine gun and says "assault weapons like this were used in every mass shooting in the past 5 years, we need to ban these guns now!"

ah...no. I'm willing to bet that it's been years, maybe even DECADES since a fully automatic weapon was used in the commission of a crime here in the US... unless the mexican drug cartels have engaged in shootouts with police recently?
April of 93 I shot a guy, Gene Bayless, who shot and killed two people using an illegally converted Full Auto Ak in Co Sp, Co. Other than that I know of no other incidents.
But the point is if a FA weapon was used it was probably not legally procured by the criminal. The NFA enacted in the 1930 made it very hard for the 'average' person to get a FA weapon. That Law too as been abused by the government!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Although it is difficult to get a FA firearm, it still is possible.

I don't believe that anyone who goes through the process as a civilian is going to freely use it in an illegal manner.

Amendment II:

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Although it is difficult to get a FA firearm, it still is possible.

I don't believe that anyone who goes through the process as a civilian is going to freely use it in an illegal manner.
My point exactly. They have to go through a back ground check which takes months, and the weapons are an 'investment' these days!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #10

Liked 4715 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

So... What happens to the SFPD Officer who left an unsecured weapon in the passenger compartment of an unmarked vehicle?

Back during my days with the 101st, had a "green pea" drop his M16A2 from a Black Hawk, while in flight back to the unit on day 30 of a 30 day FTX.

We spent the next 22 hours "on-line" conducting a police call for the missing rifle along the flight path until someone finally tripped over the butstock in waist high grass.

Damn thing had self buried up to the mag well in soft soil. The culprit was a private so there was not much rank to take but he still went from E2 to E1 with 30 and 30 "days of barracks restriction and extra duty".

Not to piss off any of our LEO's here but personally, I think a military service "requirement" would serve our Officers and communities better than much of the current "Bachelor Degree" requirements. Not knocking education, just observing the the majority of unsafe acts and loss of weapons I see, seem to be at the hands of Cops, who should know better.

Tack